Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many people have OC spray in their vehichles or stashed around the house?? I want to order my GF the Fox Labs keychain version, but i would like to maybe get one for my car too and a 2-4 oz canister for the house. IMO, if it is possible to use non-lethal force against someone that is unarmed, than i would pick up the OC. If the person is armed than of course the gun comes out. If i could even have a canister mounted by the bedroom door and grab that to "hold off" a BG while im getting my gun that sounds like a good idea too.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I have several extras in the car and on the Harley (for dogs), around the house (by the door), and on my person (along with my firearm), but I replace them every so often...it's good to practice with the older ones.:22a:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
We've got a keychain version of the Mace®brand Triple-Action defense spray. That's it. It usually stays on the kitchen bar, ready to grab for a walk, or whatever. Neither my wife nor I make it a point to carry it with us while CCing. But yes......we've got OC.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I dont plan on carrying it on my person, but i'd possibly like to have one in each of the cars and one in the house, preferably in the bedroom.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have a large can of pepper spray in my car. I have a can that stays in my jacket pocket so that it is always there. I have a can in my nightstand. I keep another small can for when I'm running. My wife has OC spray in her purse.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I carry a small MSI brand of 10% OC at work where I can't be armed. I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Kel Tec P32 BUG with a Kimber pepperblaster, but haven't committed yet.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
i have a can of Sabre Red on my keychain. it's intended for stray dogs more than people; i don't trust it as a man-stopper. that Fox Labs is nasty stuff, though; i bought some for my ex, and tested it on myself, to be sure it would work.

man, i'm still kicking myself in behind for for that...

i'm considering getting one of the big, fire extinguisher sized cans of Inferno, that pepper foam Cold Steel makes, for home/vehicle use.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i went ahead and ordered a 2oz can of 5.3mm Fox labs cone fog with the wall mount, and two Fox Labs key chain units too, one for me and one for the GF. Just a little more peace of mind, especially for my GF that has to walk through the hospital parking garage twice a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts