Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, for one, would like to see a 6 1/2" barreled Charter Arms Patriot chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum Cartridge. With a 6-chamber cylinder, such a revolver would find itself right at home on numerous nightstands everywhere!

A long-barreled revolver generating energies beyond the 9mm +p+ range with a 115-grain bullet, it would make a wonderful "woodswalking" revolver as well.
Recoil should be light, and there is no doubt that the power would be there. The resulting damage to the recipient of the projectile will be quite pronounced! (I read of one hunter killing a 60-pound bobcat with a 7 1/2" barreled Ruger Single-Six in .32 H&R Magnum that had been rechambered for the cartridge.)

Not a bad idea, eh?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I would like to see Ruger make the Single Six with a 4 1/2 barrel in 327 mag. From I am hearing interest is down in SA revolvers. I was surprised, what with all the Cowboy Action shooting. I get all glassy eyed over SA revolvers. I no longer have any 6 1/2 barrel revolvers. Shorter barrels are just easier for me to carry all day long, sitting standing and driving. Plus, they are so much easier for me to draw.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Scandium J Frame with a Big Dot, or a Polymer Frame from Ruger

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I think the caliber is going to slowly fade away and die.

·
8,501 Posts
I think the caliber is going to slowly fade away and die.
Yup. Too expensive and too hard to find. IMO it was a good idea and if it was invented before the .357 it would probably be iconic. It is, however sad, just an afterthought. Nobody wants to trade in a proven 5 shot 38 or .357 for a gun that fills the same role. And nobody wants to buy a gun in a caliber with little or no support behind it.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
It does nothing that something already on the market has mastered.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It seems like the .357 max of the .32 world. It will probably have a cult following but I don't see it gaining much popularity. Maybe if times weren't so tough. IMHO it's a solution in search of a problem.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Too expensive and too hard to find.
Price wise, the rounds run about the same as .357 Sig, which admittedly is not exactly cheap either.

Certainly hard to find right now because they get bought up as fast as they're manufactured. While frustrating, that would seem to argue for its success.

Time will tell, but more options are almost always better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts