Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about learning how to reload, but I'm not so sure if I will take the plunge.

In the mean time I've been saving factory brass - Remington, Mag Tech, SB, whatever.

I have maybe 3000 once fired .38 spcl and 1000 once fired .357... what do you think is a fair value for this?

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
???

I would go to Midway, or Natchez and look it up and see what they are/were selling it for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Before this panic my limit was .04 cents, brass is higher now than it has been in a longtime. If you want to part with some of the 357 I'd take 500. Read a lot about reloading, it is very rewarding and a good hobby. Read some of the thread on various forums. There is a vast amount of knowledge shared out there.

·
Premium Member
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
???

I would go to Midway, or Natchez and look it up and see what they are/were selling it for.
Uhhh...I should have thought of that... duh...

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
$40/K for the Specials and $50/K for the Magnums. That's my personal limit.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I have a secret source for used brass. I pay 5 cents each. I get mine from a custom gun builder that has a guy hired to do nothing but shoot for testing purposes.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I'm in the .05 each limit,If you shoot a lot you may consider just saving it until the panic subsides and reloading equipment becomes available.Then get either a single stage or progressive reloading setup and even bullet casting equipment to cast 38/357 bullets,stock up on some powder and primers and never worry about running out of ammo when the shelves go bare again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts