Defensive Carry banner

How much is Regular gas at the local pump?

• $1.50-$1.95

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • $1.96-$2.50

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • $2.51-$3.00

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • $3.01 and up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what we're getting hosed for....don't get me wrong, I'm a Capitalist and I think that companies should make profits....duh. But when Gov't is making more on the taxes than the guys who dug it up and refined it...something is wrong. We have become desensitized to 25cent increases....how much are you paying across the county?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
$2.95 per gallon, both trucks with 33 gallon tanks are 1/4 full and the boat that holds 32 gallons is under a half tank, better gas them up before the price goes up again:frown:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Living in WV, we pay a hefty gasoline tax. I always thought that if we decreased our consumption, the price will go down. Wrong. We did that last year, and the Government moaned that people weren't buying gas and they didn't rake in enough taxes to maintain roads. We actually had a legislator say that he was willing to double the taxes on gas just to help dent the short fall in revenue. Our Gov't is out of control I say. Let them do with what they have, take pay cuts and concessions just like the common folk do and let's see how long they will want to stay in office.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Living in WV, we pay a hefty gasoline tax. I always thought that if we decreased our consumption, the price will go down. Wrong. We did that last year, and the Government moaned that people weren't buying gas and they didn't rake in enough taxes to maintain roads. We actually had a legislator say that he was willing to double the taxes on gas just to help dent the short fall in revenue. Our Gov't is out of control I say. Let them do with what they have, take pay cuts and concessions just like the common folk do and let's see how long they will want to stay in office.
$2.69 a gallon...today. Our "Open For Business" governor has made sure we have the second highest gas tax in the nation compared other than Commiefornia...

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
How much is Regular gas at the local pump?
Too much....has been for a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
$2.30 today, I just filled up.

·
Registered
792 Posts
2.19 per gallon is the cheapest I saw this morning,. I'm heading there after work to get gas,...Even the AM/PM are at 2.27 as of yesterday.. Remember when gas was 80 cents a gallon???? Hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
187 Posts
Was $2.65 here the last 2 week, $2.49 today now that the holiday weekend is over.

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
$2.57...Crooks...:rant:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Today is $2.48 in (north) Raleigh.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ours is $1.58 NZD per litre, I did the conversion based on current exchange rate and we pay $3.70 US per gallon for regular (91 Octane).

So you guys shouldnt complain, just think of us here in New Zealand :) although in saying that our country and cities are so small we dont travel great distances.

Average person in my city Hamilton (300,000 people) travel 7-20 miles return trip to get to work, and 90% of people in NZ are 30 miles or less away from a beach.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts