Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i buy a gun for $299.99 how much will i pay in the end with tax included?? I haven't bought a gun myself yet and am wondering if there are more taxes on them.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Whatever your state/county/city sales tax is. All other taxes are already figured into the price of the gun.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
If i buy a gun for $299.99 how much will i pay in the end with tax included?? I haven't bought a gun myself yet and am wondering if there are more taxes on them.
Here in Nassau county, Florida it would be:
$299.00 +7% =$319.93 + $5.00 background check =
$324.93 out the door

·
Registered
203 Posts
Make a deal, tell them "I'll take it 299.99 out the door. Tax= 0 :danceban:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Make a deal, tell them "I'll take it 299.99 out the door. Tax= 0 :danceban:
They may go for it. More likely to back the tax into the price. $299.99-8% discount= $269.00 times 8% tax to = the $299.99.

Goverment gets the tax,Owner makes the sale, Everybody happy.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I think the OP is probably wondering if there are special (gun) taxes as for example on full autos.

The answer is no. He will pay the usual sales taxes he pays on any other purchase he makes in MN and the city in which he lives.

There are no special Federal taxes on the purchase of a handgun. There is no special tax stamp, or anything of the sort.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Whatever your state/county/city sales tax is. All other taxes are already figured into the price of the gun.
Walk away from any dealer that tells you he has to add on the Federal Excise Tax. I saw a dealer at a gun show do that to a guy once. He gave a guy a price for a gun (Glock model of some kind) then told the guy he had to add 11% to the price and sale tax on top of that.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
They may go for it. More likely to back the tax into the price. $299.99-8% discount= $269.00 times 8% tax to = the $299.99.

Goverment gets the tax,Owner makes the sale, Everybody happy.
thats 277.76 + the 8% tax (299.99/1.08 is how you figure the price before tax)

i havent met many who wouldnt go for the out the door price when youre holding cash in your hand unless the price is already rock bottom.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The politicians in SC had an enlightenment and decided to give us gunbuyers a break. They recently had a tax free weekend on gun sales. Of course that would only happen in the south. Thats the only thing they have done right for a change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts