Defensive Carry banner

How often do you check on your own posts?

• Every minute

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every 5-30 minutes

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Every 30-60 minutes

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Once a day

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 18 34.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I frequent DC well, um, er, frequently. But whenever I post something, I tend to frequent it more frequently. Like every 5 seconds to see how many people have clicked on it and who has responded.

Is this a personality flaw in me (if so, it would be my only one :yup:) or do other people tend to check their own posts frequently?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Seems like I frequent DC well, um, er, frequently. But whenever I post something, I tend to frequent it more frequently. Like every 5 seconds to see how many people have clicked on it and who has responded.

Is this a personality flaw in me (if so, it would be my only one :yup:) or do other people tend to check their own posts frequently?
Yes.

J/K. I tend to look and see what responses/comments have been made.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Check my post??

Every day and I have had a warning in the last 30 days that I agreed with the manager of the forum in what they said. I am a visitor here and must abide by the rules here.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I'm here morning, during the day (for a while), and at night. I read everything...:wave:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Tend to check the site throughout the day when I'm stopped, but especially after I've posted something. I'll check in every 10 to 30 minutes or so for a few hours.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
'Other-please specify'. I usually don't go back and check my posts. I do on occasion subscribe to threads that interest me whether I post in them or not. If I start a thread, then I would go back and check it or subscribe to it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have to agree with RamRod. Sometimes I wonder why it takes so darned long for your post to show up on the first page? Sometimes never!!! There has to be a reason for the big "time lag" between the post and when it appears. But when it does, I usually check a couple times a day. Seldom post, unless it's something I really want an answer for.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
It depends on how interesting the original thread is to me. Obviously, a welcome greeting is polite and hospitable and does not require a lot of follow-up. A thread that I start, or one that I post a reply in, was interesting enough to elicit that response, so it is interesting enough for me to want to read others comments.

As to exactly how ofter? It depends on the day. If I am just generally looking around, I will check every couple of hours. If I have time, and there is something that interests me, I'll check the "New Posts" every 15-30 minutes. If I do not have time, well, sorry to tell you all, but there are more important things in life. I can check when I get home, usually before I go to bed.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I check my posts after reading responses to it or after the thread has progressed. Sometimes I check my own posts because I do not recall what I exactly wrote.
Sometimes, I need to check because I realize I am about to contradict myself and want to avoid putting foot in mouth.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I voted 'other'.......it just depends on if I'm around the 'puter' and wether-or-not the thread/post captured my attention.

Having said that, DCC is checked every time I get online.....I love this place!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I chose "Other", as I receive emails when someone posts. I then check to see what's been added.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I voted other because in the user control panel I have it set so any message I post or post an answer to it automatically subscribes me to that thread. Then I receive an email every time there is another response.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I voted others because I have instant notification when I replied to a post. Then when I sign in I go to User CP first and checked all those that I have subscribed to. In the first place, I subscribed to them because I was interested in the topic being discussed. Then after i had exhausted all those subcribed post, I clicked on New Posts to see if I will be interested in any more topics. Before I leave, I go to my User CP again and ticked off those that do not interest me anymore. Habit.

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
I realize I am about to contradict myself and want to avoid putting foot in mouth
Very funny.

I realize I am about to contradict myself and want to avoid putting foot in mouth
Not funny.

Whoops!

Being OC has a price.........

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't post nearly as much as many of you and I often forget where I posted. I'd like to see a forum button for "My Posts" to help me find them quicker.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I don't post nearly as much as many of you and I often forget where I posted. I'd like to see a forum button for "My Posts" to help me find them quicker.
Click on your name...hit "More posts by..."

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I hate making typos and inserting misplaced words, etc. As such, I go back to my posts quite often to discover and correct such errors.

I do wish there was a more direct method to view my posts, since the current method is really a pain in the ass. I like the way its handled over on Firing Line. You can view and click on your name from anywhere and you're there.

Regards,
Dan Ortego

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.