Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us have shotguns for home defence, right?Well how often do we train with them?I was just thinking about it and I would say that I only take my home defence shot gun out maybe 10 times a year.I guess it is time to bring it out more and get it down like the AR15 and the 1911.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Pretty darned rare in truth!! :rolleyes:

However, I have been a shottie user for a long time and the useage is pretty much second nature. Thus my ''tactical'' response with that would be essentially as per my carry piece, from the POV of strategic thinking etc.

I should tho take it to the range sometimes and put a few mag'sfull thru, on the move in particular.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I actually take mine "out back" every now and again. Great fun and an excellent tool. Good advice to others, though. I am a firm believer that if you own it and plan on using it or needing it then practice is essential. Remember:

"Proper practice prevents piss poor performance."

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
not often, the AR is the primary defensive weapon. I get out atleast once a month with it though.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'm going shooting with it tomorrow. But, truth be told, I rarely take it out. <sigh> another one of my failings.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not often for the SG. I'm still pretty good with it though, despite not having much rangetime with it. But if I had to fire weak-handed, I'd be screwed...

My primary HD gun is my AR15 for a number of reasons. Regular rangetime being one of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts