Defensive Carry banner

How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing?

• I never am concerned about printing. I open carry.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I concealed carry and never worry about printing.

Votes: 55 23.7%
  • I rarely worry about printing.

Votes: 118 50.9%
  • I frequently worry about printing.

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • I don't recall the last time I worried about printing.

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • What's this printing of which you speak?

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Yancy,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. We also have a Kahr P380. That's another sweet shooting gun. I man have to 'appropriate' that one from DH!

Until I put fingers to keys, I'm sitting here squeezing one of those hand gripper things. My grip strength per the machine at PT was actually not far off my left hand. It's just this dang right index finger with it's refusal to stand at attention at the distal tip that is the issue.

Do you know where the gun club/training center is that is supposed to be somewhere near Newnan? I come up on it every so often, and pre-op, had wanted to do one of their 2 day tactical, shoot on the move type classes. I've heard that the classes that are offered there are good.

Thanks,
Karen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Parson,
I never thought of it like that - trying to make the gun fit, when it so doesn't. I have enough choices around here, and then there is the sweet little Sig. That fit's my hand well, just standing there. Went with my son to the Sig show at my local range. I forgot how good it felt to automatically rack the slide back to check the chamber, even though I was watching the guy do it before he handed it to me. I figured it was a good habit to get into when I started carrying 4 years ago.

I think I'll go to a local 'woman shoots free' one of these coming up days.

We used to live in East Cobb, when we moved to GA in '88.. No kids in subdivision. Moved up near John's Creek 25 yrs ago. Tons of kids, who are now all married, working or otherwise not here. Going to the pool with a few other originals every summer, it's like, 'who are all these people'!

Have a good one,
K

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hey Yancy,

Do you know where the gun club/training center is that is supposed to be somewhere near Newnan? I come up on it every so often, and pre-op, had wanted to do one of their 2 day tactical, shoot on the move type classes. I've heard that the classes that are offered there are good.

Thanks,
Karen
There is a gun range here in Newnan but I don't even bother going there. Their rates are higher than I'm willing to pay and I don't want an annual membership. They might be who you're referring to but have no idea what other classes or other things they have going. Give them a call and ask. Here's their website: Home
If it isn't them, they probably know who and where.

I drive 22 miles south to a gun range in Grantville, GA. Ex Coweta County cop and nicest guy in the world owns and runs it. Old range, nothing fancy but just love the place and the owner.

The Lock Stock and Barrel

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was it Oklahoma that once made it law against printing?
In any case, why telegraph what potential you have and become at a disadvantage or even target in a crises or at very least, experience a nervous Nelly calling the police or store manager to confront you?

Easy solutions out there, my fav
No-See-Um holsters PCS .... https://www.pcsholsters.com/collections

·
Registered
48 Posts
I live in an open carry state but don’t open carry. I don’t want to be the “shoot me first” guy. I want the element of surprise on my side. For the same reason, I don’t want any obvious printing.

I carry a Commander size 1911 which is pretty easy to conceal OWB under a light shirt or jacket.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I rarely worry about printing.

Open carry is legal here, rural area, gun friendly. No one bats an eye about seeing a handgun exposed in public, let alone a vague bulge underneath someone's shirt.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wasn't really sure how to answer this, so I went with other. I'm in a concealed carry only state, and mostly pocket carry a J-frame S&W in my left front pocket. My "concern" about printing limits, but is limited to, my choice of garments but that's not really a problem, as I never have been one for clothes that looked like they were painted on. I've always preferred jeans that have deep front pockets and do not fit snugly coupled with either a loose fitting shirt worn outside my pants or a sweater or jacket long enough to reach my crotch. Once outside my home I don't give printing a second thought.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I used to worry about it when I first started carrying. I don’t care anymore. I recently switched to carrying AIWB not because of printing, but for weapon retention. The main reason I switched is because I don’t like having my gun behind me. When standing in a line or in a crowd it would be too easy for someone to take your gun, even with good situational awareness, unless you stand backwards in line or walk backward everywhere in a crowd. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but that’s ok. When carrying at 3:00 or 4:00 if you bend or the wind blows you print.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
OMO….if you have a permit to that should be enough.....actually 2A is enough.......do away with these printing laws geared for entrapment.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
The older I get the less I worry about it. Also, with all the large phones that people attach to their belts, I believe that most will think it is a cell phone.

....& to be honest, the only people that would notice are others who carry. People are sheep & just don't see things going on around them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
That ended about a year after I started carrying, which was a very long time ago. I really don't care if I print or not. I cover the gun up, so I don't get fined. If someone thinks I am carrying a gun, fine. Ask me all the questions you want. I might tell you its a phone, a colostomy bag, a gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Florida, most everyone here carries. I pay attention to my printing but I don't worry much about it. I added a goal wedge to my kydex holster that pushes the grip back toward my body.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I live in Florida, most everyone here carries. I pay attention to my printing but I don't worry much about it. I added a goal wedge to my kydex holster that pushes the grip back toward my body.
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts