Defensive Carry banner

How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing?

• I never am concerned about printing. I open carry.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I concealed carry and never worry about printing.

Votes: 55 23.7%
  • I rarely worry about printing.

Votes: 118 50.9%
  • I frequently worry about printing.

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • I don't recall the last time I worried about printing.

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • What's this printing of which you speak?

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
My carry set-up is solid. Hence, no worries.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Are there any states that Prohibit Printing as a Condition of Concealed Carry. I know that FLA does not

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here in North Idaho, guns are part of the culture. I rarely see anyone open carrying in town but I do see the printing or the lower holster exposure on a lot of people around town. Especially those who frequent the sporting goods store and LGS. I have been carrying for a while now and while the winter clothes hide my glock 19 well. my summer clothes do not. I dont worry about the printing or the sight of the pistol on my side in this area of the country. We are a constitutional carry state and most people here appreciate firearms more so than in other states.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I could care less, and the older I get, the less I care.

Reactions: G-man* and G26Raven

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Are there any states that Prohibit Printing as a Condition of Concealed Carry. I know that FLA does not
Not that I know of. But some states have a prohibition against brandishing, i.e., deliberately showing (or threatening with) your pistol in public without actually firing the pistol in self-defense. In states like California, where I used to live, exposing your pistol accidentally could get you busted for brandishing. I could see the possibility of being nailed for printing in states like that, although it seems unlikely unless you ran into a particularly zealous DA.

Reactions: Nipperdog and OD*

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was cautious in California, but since moving to Idaho 16 months ago I don't pay any attention. I can't imagine there are many house break-ins in Idaho and an ATM "stick-up" could be risky as well.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I was cautious in California, but since moving to Idaho 16 months ago I don't pay any attention. I can't imagine there are many house break-ins in Idaho and an ATM "stick-up" could be risky as well.
I have been exactly the same way since I moved to Utah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been carrying concealed for 35 years now. Whenever I leave the house, I check my concealment. Have done so since day one, will continue to do so. I don't open carry, I do not see any reason for it.

I'll add, my wife is the same way with 35 year of EDCing too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Florida and do my best not to print while wearing casual shirts and cargo shorts year round. I try to carry a firearm, in my case a Sig p365 that as a sub compact that is easy to conceal year round as a EDC in sub tropical weather casual wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I carry concealed in public, but rarely worry about printing. I think constant fiddling with a gun/holster to avoid printing calls more attention than if you print slightly. My son was carrying a 5” 1911 under a shirt one evening, and the shirt was barely long enough to conceal the weapon. Occasionally when he moved just the right way the very end of the Pistol/holster would show very slightly. I watched the eyes of people around us, and never once saw anyone look at his belt area.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I never think about it. The last two guys I saw 'printing' were carrying cell phones on their belts. But, honestly, I've been around long enough that I just don't care about a lot things anymore like I did when I was young. :) And printing is pretty near the bottom of my list of things to be concerned about. I just let my untucked shirt tail do it's job and go about my business as usual. And if it flies open, well, then I'm open carrying for a few seconds.

In all the years, decades now, that I've been carrying, even back when there was no open carry law, no one has ever even given me a 2nd glance, even when I was carrying a full sized pistol. And I don't recall ever being in a momentary situation where my shirt tail or jacket flew open and revealed my carry. And these days, people are so buried in their screens they don't even look at other people to begin with, much less to see if your weapon is printing. It's only those of us in the' carry club' that do. I'm certain that, if I wanted to lug around all the weight, I could go about with a full sized semi auto on each hip and a shoulder rig under each arm and a full belt of spare mags under my untucked shirt no one would even blink in my direction, even with the added bulk of a set of heavy suspenders to keep my pants up. They might walk right into a stand full of avocados though, while they get their face tan from their iphone. :)

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
I carry in such a manner that printing isn't an issue.

Reactions: G26Raven and OD*

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I am quite concerned about my weapon carry becoming apparent, in some environments. Since retiring from the PD, I am no longer carrying for “official purposes,” so some places I could carry, as an active peace officer, are now not OK, even with the LEOSA, formerly known as HR 218. Texas state law is quite kind to honorably retired peace officers, but in some places, and situations, other rules apply.

Having carried for official purposes, for almost 34 years, in can be easy to forget that I am carrying a firearm.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts