Defensive Carry banner

How often, if ever, are you concerned about printing?

• I never am concerned about printing. I open carry.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I concealed carry and never worry about printing.

Votes: 55 23.7%
  • I rarely worry about printing.

Votes: 118 50.9%
  • I frequently worry about printing.

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • I don't recall the last time I worried about printing.

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • What's this printing of which you speak?

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I'm worried about a run in printer paper. No bikes at the local Walmart. Some sewing supplies shelves are empty. Not sure what was there.

Oh, you meant your gun printing on your clothes. Besides the fact very few notice anyway. People don't even notice an OC many times, it seems. Or don't care. Summer and my EDC is in a denim vest. Never see it. Might see the spare mags though if it flaps open. Winter is a shoulder holster and a padded coat. Don't see it there. Sunday is a shoulder holster and a black corduroy suitcoat. The lines break up any printing that might be going on.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
I'm worried about a run in printer paper. No bikes at the local Walmart. Some sewing supplies shelves are empty. Not sure what was there.

Oh, you meant your gun printing on your clothes. Besides the fact very few notice anyway. People don't even notice an OC many times, it seems. Or don't care. Summer and my EDC is in a denim vest. Never see it. Might see the spare mags though if it flaps open. Winter is a shoulder holster and a padded coat. Don't see it there. Sunday is a shoulder holster and a black corduroy suitcoat. The lines break up any printing that might be going on.
Corduroy???

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I don't worry about it

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think about it but don't really worry. I can open carry without a King's signature in Alabama .....but if I conceal .... I need permission. Go figure.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think about it when I first put my pistol in my pocket. When I confirm that the butt isn't exposed, I go on my way and don't think about it further.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have learned to do what some of you do, as well, I'm sure....every time I stand up, or exit a vehicle, I give a quick, discreet, tug on my shirt between two fingers to make sure it is draped properly. Other than that, I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
....My son was carrying....I watched the eyes of people around us, and never once saw anyone look at his belt area.
We went to dinner one evening with our pastor and his wife. He was carrying his Glock 43 IWB under a thin solid white shirt (about the worst for printing). It was printing badly. But I never saw anyone give him a second look.

·
Premium Member
33,779 Posts
We went to dinner one evening with our pastor and his wife. He was carrying his Glock 43 IWB under a thin solid white shirt (about the worst for printing). It was printing badly. But I never saw anyone give him a second look.
When it comes to printing, I concern myself much more with the ones who would take notice, particularly in non-permissive environments.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
When it comes to printing, I concern myself much more with the ones who would take notice, particularly in non-permissive environments.
No doubt. All it takes is that one person to see you printing, and they can make your day difficult. I can imagine that there are those out there who have an agenda to find people like us who are carrying, and do indeed want to make our day difficult. And that probably is going to get worse in the climate we find ourselves in today.

·
Premium Member
33,779 Posts
No doubt. All it takes is that one person to see you printing, and they can make your day difficult. I can imagine that there are those out there who have an agenda to find people like us who are carrying, and do indeed want to make our day difficult. And that probably is going to get worse in the climate we find ourselves in today.
Various forms of swatting are bound to continue. Anyone seeing a gun can easily claim they were threatened by the person carrying it.

Reactions: airslot
161 - 172 of 172 Posts