Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Euc hit it on the head i have heard guys will get a piece of pve sized just little larger than bottom of speed loader that bullets will slide into and out of to make the speed loader a full diameter ..Supposedly makes it easyer to carry i dont see how

Also i forget who but one of the leather makers make a Speedloader holder that 3 of the rounds are iwb 3 owb so no wider than a mag

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
When I carried SP-101 I had usually just one loader in pocket of vest - only 5 rounds and being a Comp II was not too large.

Pouches are good but I have Leatherman and E1e on left belt so - always a prob with speedloaders. Now if spare mag for SIG - pocket of pants will do.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I carry a Bianchi Speed Strip in a Don Hume drop pouch on my offside(found it on ebay). It's not nearly as fast as a speedloader but it beats no reload at all. When the weather gets cooler and I switch to my M66 I'll be carrying a speedloader instead. To me it's easier to conceal that sort of bulk if it's positioned around 10:30 - 11:00 instead of 9:00, for right handed shooters. Dunlop disease helps here :wink: .

Most leather crafters offer speedloader carriers but it's a bit harder to find speedstrip or drop pouches. I know Matt Del Fatti makes them & he "might" also be the one who offers that iwb/owb speedloader carrier Bud mentioned, not positive though.
Jack

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes I do build quite a few wheel gun holsters and accessories. On my web site I have representative photos of most but not all the carriers I build.

engineer685, I hope that gives you some ideas on what might work best for you.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Saf metal for K&L, and Desantis split for K&L + N.

I know Matt makes the stuff, but at my age, I do not buy green bananas, let lone order something that is a year out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts