Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
This video has been here before. I can stand still and conceal all that with the right clothes, but there is no way I can put one foot in front of the other and not have stuff falling to the ground or it be terribly obvious, and neither could this guy. It was made for shock value and that is about all. When I do a CCW class I'll conceal upwards of 5 to 6 handguns and move around teaching the class normally. I find it a bit uncomfortable to do day to day activities with that many guns on me though. Three is about my upper limit for day to day stuff.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
I think I could carry three guns without a lot of trouble, but in reality, I just carry one due to some extenuating circumstances.

Still, it is alarming, to put it mildly, that so many weapons could be hidden by a student.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed it is for shock value, it still makes a point of awareness of those around you and ease of concealment with baggy shirts and pants.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
I can carry 3 or 4 handguns without looking too out of place. Just too much weight and uncomfortable. We all know how blind the average joe on the street can be. It isn't hard to hide a few guns even poorly covered.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My personal record was 6 defensive-caliber handguns at one time, went out to a mall for the afternoon to do some errands. I could have maybe carried a couple more but ran out of gun/holster options.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Im sure he wasnt going far with a shotgun in the leg of his pants. Theres no way he could bend at the knee. And as for an uzi in the waist band - It was probably behind him because it showed through the shirt so bad. Once again, shock value.:hand1:

·
Registered
602 Posts
jamz said:
My personal record was 6 defensive-caliber handguns at one time, went out to a mall for the afternoon to do some errands. I could have maybe carried a couple more but ran out of gun/holster options.
Six handguns........ I can only think of one word.... WOW!

·
Registered
282 Posts
When I was in the Navy I taught a personal search class to my security guys. I hid 3 1911's, a few knifes, handcuff keys galore and a handfull of items that should raise concerns. Only 1 out of 38 of them found everything. There were only 2 of them than found the 1911 stuffed in my crotch. I have to say it even raised my awareness. Of course I was in BDU's and never left the room we were holding the class in, but it was still scary.

I'd change my carry habits if I could get around with a 12 gauge in my pants...that'd be sweet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
During our MP class, one of our instructors came into the room. you could tell he was carrying stuff....

But not:
3-Beretta's
2-1911's
26 knifes to include:
2 ghurka's
1 Coldsteel 6"
1 KaBar
3 pair handcuffs

and

22 HANDCUFF KEYS.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I'd like to see that guy walking around with that shotgun down the leg of his pants.

I can carry two (sometimes three) pistols without it being obvious or prohibitively uncomfortable/awkward.

And I LIKE baggy clothes. Because I am both 1) vain; 2) not the man, especially around the middle, that I used to be.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Scott +1.

·
Super Moderator
18,098 Posts
A handcuff key can be stashed about anywhere and be undetected.

A Freedom Arms derringer can be stashed in the top of a ball cap. I've seen people searched and the ball cap missed. I saw one guy be told to put his arms straight out and hold the ball cap in his hand,with the gun in it and still the gun was missed.

When was the last time someone searced the soul of your shoe ? Its amazing what can be hidden there.

Some people could hide an MG-42 machine gun and get away with it. Its all about how much discomfort you are willing to deal with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
when I was in middle school (in the mid 90s) during one of the fire drills I found an old tee-ball bat in the woods at the edge of the field. It had been there a long time. I decided that I wanted it, but didn't want to get caught with it, so I stuck it down my baggy pants like this kid did. I was able to walk with it concealed fairly easily. I still have the bat & keep it hidden in my living room. It is 26 inches long. You could get a sawed off pistol grip only or birds head grip 12 gauge that short if you wanted to. A taller high school student would be able to conceal a considerably longer item.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts