Defensive Carry banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Went to the range today and as i was looking in one of the cases i saw what looked to be a 4" power flashlight. After i turned it on a brief glance was all it took to make my eyeballs hurt, its called a Nebo Redline High Lumen Flashlight #6092. If anything could blind a person in a quick New York second this thing could. Charges my front glow on sight in a heartbeat. Be interesting to try a play act scenario with a friend to see what a blast of light would do?

Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Registered
642 Posts
O.k. how about this one? A coughing jag/fit you know like the ones people get when they're overly excited, bend to grab your stomach coughing on the way down but keeping your eye on the bg between coughs and sputters. If your weapon is in a cross draw holster at the right moment come up with a handful of the problem solver, problem solved?

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
O.k. how about this one? A coughing jag/fit you know like the ones people get when they're overly excited, bend to grab your stomach coughing on the way down but keeping your eye on the bg between coughs and sputters. If your weapon is in a cross draw holster at the right moment come up with a handful of the problem solver, problem solved?
That's too guncentric for my tastes. Too many "ifs" which can't be relied upon.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That's too guncentric for my tastes. Too many "ifs" which can't be relied upon.
i goofed, i was looking at it from being in a sitting position, my wheel chair that is. Don't mind me I've been looking at things from that position for near 11 years, but i have a feeling that this would be advantageous in a heated scenario.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
In a wheelchair, it seems your wallet (AND a j-frame) would be perfectly natural to find it a ...front-worn fanny pack. Look at the KaBar TDI offering, sew-on a big "Save the Whales" patch & you're good to go. (*anyone who'd victimize someone in a wheelchair is, IMHO, firming-up their reservations...in HELL!) :firedevil:

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
i goofed, i was looking at it from being in a sitting position, my wheel chair that is. Don't mind me I've been looking at things from that position for near 11 years, but i have a feeling that this would be advantageous in a heated scenario.
Restricted to a chair, my previous posts would not apply to your situation. If I were in a chair, I'd be carrying cross draw or have one sitting in my lap and perhaps a J frame in a chair pocket designed to hold same [ something customized/fabricated just for me ].

I put on a handgun course for mobility challenged people a few years back. Here's a lovely lady who feared being pushed over in her chair and being able to respond. So before the end of the weekend, we set her on her back and let her have at drawing and firing. Here's a short clip taken by her husband who was also in attendance.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i find there are two advantageous positions for someone in a chair and there are two positions that i find myself using, one where your arms are folded the other with your arms resting on the arms of the chair having your hands folded. Two methods i use for that situation a shoulder holster for the one a cross draw for the other, both will give you access to your weapon in a heartbeat.

Thanks for that video I'll watch it first chance i get, that's something that has happened at least once for peeps in a wheel chair, its happened a few times to me, thankfully i threw my head forward and let the chair absorb the shock. :smile:

121 - 127 of 127 Posts