Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering sell a few of my Glocks (36 and 30 S). I would value thoughts on the best way to arrive at a fair price. There are sites like Kelly Blue Book that help assess the value of a auto. Are they similar sites for guns, holsters, ammo, etc?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The 45ACP Glocks tend to hold their value well. If They're in good shape mechanically and cosmetically, $500 or maybe a little more wouldn't be out of the question.

Reactions: mwhartman

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 45ACP Glocks tend to hold their value well. If They're in good shape mechanically and cosmetically, $500 or maybe a little more wouldn't be out of the question.
Both are in excellent condition. Neither has more that 200 rounds

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I usually value my coins based on what they're selling for on the internet. I would go to a sight like Guns America and use that as a basis.

Reactions: mwhartman

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
GLOCKs are GLOCKs. It's no secret to find 'em or buy 'em. Ask $550 per, let a serious buyer negotiate you down to $515, or both for $1000 cash. What Gen are they? You might sell 'em right here! :image035:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GLOCKs are GLOCKs. It's no secret to find 'em or buy 'em. Ask $550 per, let a serious buyer negotiate you down to $515, or both for $1000 cash. What Gen are they? You might sell 'em right here! :image035:
I think both are Gen 3. Both are in excellent condition. The 36 has Glock factory night sites and 3 mags (originally came with 2 I purchased an extra) plus a Staturman Kydex holster that does IWB and OWB.

The 30 S has stock sights. It comes with two 10 round mags and I purchased three 13 round mags plus a new (arrived 3 days ago) Vedder kydex IWB holster.

Neither has over 200 rounds through

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Go to a site like Gunbroker.com and how people are pricing their Glock's. That should give you a pretty good idea, based on the condition of your guns, of what the current market value is.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sounds like you've got some added negotiating "goodies". FYI, you're unlikely to get full-value from holsters 'cuz folks like to pick-out their own (to fill-up their big storage bin of dead holsters in the garage!). Extra (factory) mags usually hold their valve pretty well, assuming that you bought 'em right. Bump my first estimate to $575. IMHO, once you pierce the $600 ceiling, folks start thinking about "that new-gun smell" alternative. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you've got some added negotiating "goodies". FYI, you're unlikely to get full-value from holsters 'cuz folks like to pick-out their own (to fill-up their big storage bin of dead holsters in the garage!). Extra (factory) mags usually hold their valve pretty well, assuming that you bought 'em right. Bump my first estimate to $575. IMHO, once you pierce the $600 ceiling, folks start thinking about "that new-gun smell" alternative. :biggrin2:
Thanks! The holster for the 30 S came three days ago and has a 30 day money back guarantee so I can return for a full refund. Not worried about the one for the 30 S.

All the extra mags are Glock mags ordered from Midway USA.

Not in a hurry so now I need to take some photos and post.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I think $550 is high. I recently saw a used G30 in a local gun store for $400. It had been carried so wasn't in great shape, but I thought that was a fair price. I recently paid $400 for a 'used' G26 that had never been fired in the original box with an extra mag.

I think $500 is at the top edge of fair. But I guess you could ask $550 and see what happens. Maybe some sucker will bite. I do think online prices are higher than the local used market for some reason. So if you really want top dollar list them on gunbroker. For example, I've seen Interarms PPK/S sell for >$500 on gunbroker, and there are two of them at my local gun shop for $300/$350 that haven't sold for months.

That said, I've been thinking about buying a G36, so if you are close to Miami, PM me your bottom line.

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Holsters you will take a bath on ..No one really wants them unless it is some rare marker or model or skin it is made out of

Mags are about 22 bucks BNIB right now for glock mags

No one wants a 36 they dont sell at all ...Esp as the new models has come out

BNIB a glock is maybe 550 if your get housed ..Most placs I have seen OTD stock oh 525 with all the fees

No way will you get 500 for either one ..You might but it will take a while

Wait till Nov people might panic and at least get the 21 if there is some over 10 round mags with it

I mean I have seen BINB 21sf with NS go for 500

The market is flooded with Glocks right now

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sorry Hartman, my mistake. Looks like the smart money (above) says...keep 'em. The next election WILL effect their valve, one way or...the OTHER! :biggrin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts