Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've probably seen those charts and targets that tell you what you're doing wrong if you're not shooting as well as you like. Here's a new one that I think solves a lot of problems!

Shooting Correction Chart.jpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
How embarrassing...….looks like one of mine !!!!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I was reading the Pyramid Air catalog today and they had an article about tips to improve accuracy.
This one was my favorite:

#3- Shoot less rounds. A 10 shot group will be larger than a 5 shot group and a 3 shot group will be even smaller than either. Just shoot the target less.

I thought that was pretty funny and kinda smart too.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Disclaimer: I know some of you can pattern really well at triple or more distance than I’m practicing this. I’m learning, but already know how much better most all y’all are. That said, I was taught a drill recently, to grip with only thumb and social finger, keeping 4th and 5th digits off the grip, and place 3 slow-Fire shots in one hole at 3 yds. We did it strong hand, an entire 17-round mag, then weak hand same count.

Practicing same drill last week I got really lucky and placed three consecutive rounds in one tight hole. I had to quit. No point improving on that, is there? Actually I didn’t quit soon enough. Sure enough, my concentration went downhill after the surprise goodness of the first three. After a while I got it back under control but had to paste the ugly groups. Man, that target’s a keeper now!

It is cool though, to see the unintentional pull exerted by the lower two fingers on the grip. This drill seems to reinforce calming the hand and concentrating on the sight and trigger.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was reading the Pyramid Air catalog today and they had an article about tips to improve accuracy.
This one was my favorite:

#3- Shoot less rounds. A 10 shot group will be larger than a 5 shot group and a 3 shot group will be even smaller than either. Just shoot the target less.
When a shooter wants to improve accuracy, distance is key. It is unlikely the shooter will miss the target at a distance of 5 inches or less...

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
@G26Raven They left one thing off the target though. Those hits off the whole target usually have OUCH written next to them!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
When a shooter wants to improve accuracy, distance is key. It is unlikely the shooter will miss the target at a distance of 5 inches or less...
Now that's a shooting style that I can backup and recommend.

Heck, I can hit the broad side of a barn if it's within range.

·
Registered
810 Posts
When I am well rested, completely relaxed, not hungry, and haven't had a cup of coffee recently I can do some very fine shooting.

When people are screaming, cursing, threatening me, displaying deadly weapons in a threatening manner, or shooting at me I find it more difficult.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts