Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

New member here from the Chicago area, got sent over from a GlockTalk thread. Avid firearms enthusiast and active LEO. Been carrying for as long as I can remember. Looking forward to having some quality conversations.

Here's one of my favorite carry pieces, a S&W 637 performance center.
Tool Wood Revolver Nipper Power tool

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Welcome....enjoy the Forum. Anywhere near Chiraq you're gonna need ammo than that !!!

·
Registered
16,266 Posts
Welcome. I have a couple of cop buddies in that area. I am retired Federal LE myself. Living the dream in the frozen north currently......

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Welcome from Utah.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Premium Member
11,563 Posts
Howdy from Texas.
Mighty fine revolver you got there.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. I have a 637 non performance center, with Smith custom wood square grips. I like it. Not my carry gun though. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Welcome from west central Illinois. I’ve been eyeing one of those little 637’s for a couple of years. Sweet little guns.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Texas.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Welcome from LA (Lower Alabama)! Retired LEO from FL. Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome from Chicago! Some people on this forum will bash Chicago a little bit, but they are just jealous because sizable portions of Chicago do not seem to be affected by the ammunition shortage.
Welcome aboard from a former Chicagoan.

I grew up in Slag Valley as Ed “Fast Eddie” Vrdolyak and Ed “Oil Can Eddie” Sadlowski were coming into prominence. When I was about 15, my family moved away from Slag Valley, shortly after Richard Speck tortured and murdered eight student nurses in a nearby townhouse. The move was my mom's idea. She thought the neighborhood was showing signs of deterioration.

After many career moves away from the mid-west, I returned to the Chicago area for a fifteen-year tour of duty in the Fox River valley. I thought things were pretty good there, especially with Denny Hastert as my Republican congressional representative. When I moved there Hastert was the Speaker of the House, arguably the third highest political station in the country. Of course, I was disillusioned when he was later labeled a “serial child molester” by a federal court judge and sentenced to prison. My disappointment in Congressman Hastert was only surpassed by the nearly concurrent impeachment and extortion convictions of the then sitting Governor Rod “Blago” Blagjevich. Though “Blago” was the fourth Illinois governor to go to prison during my years in Chicago, I guess it's something one never gets truly used to.

Upon retirement I quickly moved far out into the country near Bloomington, Indiana, and traded in my Illinois FOID for an Indiana lifetime concealed carry permit.

Seriously, I always loved Chicago and return there several times a year for events and to visit friends and family.

Hog Butcher for the World,
City of the Big Shoulders:
Fierce as a dog with tongue lapping for action,
Cunning as a savage pitted against the wilderness.

Chicago will always be my “home.”

Signed,
One of the Long-Winded Extremists.

“Extremist”, LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts