Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!
I tripped into this forum from an email from USCCA. I've been reading for several days and find this an excellent source of information. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
I was born & raised in Michigan where I learned to hunt & shoot. Spent 13 years in northern VA until I moved my family to Colorado and am back into hunting again. I hunt Elk archery style, and it was when I took my son for his first hunting trip that I decided to arm myself. You see, where there are elk, there are mountain lions. I figure I am big enough to deter a "cat" from snacking on me, but my pint sized kids are another thing. (If there is ever a reason to get your wife to consent to buying a pistol, a scenario like that will do it.)
It was after that hunting trip that I decided to get my Colorado Conceal Cary (CCC) permit. So, I have had my CCC permit for 1.5 years now.
Then one day when I took my wife to the range to introduce her to the shooting sports and we found out how much fun it is to shoot together. (Whodathunkit?) She now has a CCC permit and carries a Walther P-22, and is considering a .357 mag. revolver. I carry a Ruger p-95 (9mm), or (My new Christmas Present) a Kimber ultra carry 1911.
I'm looking forward to joining in on some of the conversations here. Thanks to the moderators for making a place for people like us.
Just give me some time to figure out some of your short hand, unless there is a legend somewhere on this site.:smile:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome Bud as a fellow coloradoian , and if you decide to branch into varmenting ( prarie dogs ) or need a place to walk phesants next year let me know , i allways like to support anyone taking the kids hunting and have a bit of ground in southeast part of the state

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pheasant? I haven't hunted pheasant since I was a boy. That brings back memories.
Thanks, I might consider it.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Elk - welcome aboard! :smile:

I too used to carry the P95 - tho you'd never have guessed :wink: These days it is SIG 226, but the old name lives with me.

Jump right in - and hope you enjoy the good company.

(Oh and if the ''shorthand'' is a puzzle - just ask)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Glad to have you. What town in CO if ya dont mine me asking.
I own a small place outside of Ft. Collins CO.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
welcome, your avatar looks delicious!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Sig229, I'm down in the sprawling Denver area, south side.
And yes Rocky, he does look delicious. Too bad he is only a pic from a Google search. HA!

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Great Introduction!

You're off to a fine start! :smile:
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for registering!:usflag:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Elkhunter,

Welcome...no fun like fun hunting with Dad for the kids. You'll like this forum...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks All,
Y'all have a great way of making someone feel welcome.
I'll see about those pics.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Don't worry about the shorthand, just jump right in. Welcome to the forum! :smile:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome, glad to see someone else from CO is here. Where in SE Denver are you? I'm in unincoporated Arapahoe County near Quebec & Leetsdale/Parker.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in good ol' Parker
I like to shoot at Cherry Creek. You (rwmorrisonjr) been to the "Family Shooting Center" lately?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.