Defensive Carry banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
We reside in a rural county not much has changed except since the NC Governor closed the State Parks there is less traffic on the weekends. We have acreage to maintain so life goes on!
I was really disappointed in Governor Cooper closing the parks. We have two near us that would have made walking and hiking a whole lot more enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
We're doing okay. I'm fortunate that I get to keep working out in the field, as I'm in residential construction. My wife also works for a residential builder, but she was sent home with her laptop and she works from there. She gets a little more stir crazy than I do because of that, so we take walks every evening, and she will take our son out for a drive every afternoon or for lunch. That gets both of them out of the house.

I'm definitely ready for things to start heading down the path of returning to as near normal as we can.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The lockdown does not really make too much of a difference for me. Mainly because I am working nonstop to keep my business afloat. I am also completely determined to come out of this stronger. I have no chance of becoming bored whatsoever. Some things totally suck though. My wife and son are home so the days I do all the typey stuff are more distracting. i m going to head to the kitchen to work even though this is not a production day. No one else will be there. So I guess I was great at doing quarantine before quarantine happened and now my problem is the other people that live here have invaded my quarantine.

Other than that, I am a little bummed that I have no time for quarantine projects and Netflix binge washing. Haven't been to the range, watched a single tv show, shot air pistol bullseye, cleaned knives/guns or any of that. Heck, I am barely sleeping- went to bed at 3:00 and up at 6:30.

No worries though. Everyday that I am still fighting back is good for me!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
like other have said, we have acreage to maintain so it's pretty much life as usual here. although I somehow got into some poison ivy in the last couple of days so there's that...a new hitch in my gitalong.
That sucks. I guess itching is as a new symptom of the virus.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
- All firearms cleaned & lubed (yes.. BOTH of them)
- All 25 rounds of ammo wiped down and properly stored.
- New strings on 12 of the 26 guitars
- every battery in the house fully charged
- up to season 7 of the X-Files
- Countless Amazon shipping boxes broken down and in the recycling bin
- Hundreds of new contacts on HF... mostly 20 meters
- Finally got our 93 year old mother to understand the concept of hand sanitizer (via video chat)
- eating far more home-cooked meals (om nom nom)

This working from home stuff ain't so bad (^_^)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Other then not being able to go to the movie theater my days are the same as before. Range is open so that helps fill in some movie time and my reloading has picked up some but that's it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I took April off on a voluntary furlough. I've been on the road (home weekly) for 12 years driving an 18-wheeler. So being home has been wonderful.
Had plans to catch up on my projects. Wife had other plans for my time off.
So we built a henhouse & chicken coop. Now have 8 laying Henson that are growing fast.
Then we built a greenhouse.
Then we whacked the acres of weeds that are going to die and blow away anyway, to become acres of bare dirt. Like every year.
Plus she wants to detail clean the house next week.
MY plans were to do some overdue maintenance on my 68 F100.
Then decide on a direction to repair one of my motorcycles. Wind blew it over and the fairing shattered. Got a replacement, but a previous owner cut many holes for accessories that I have to patch. Then repaint the bike. Or, take the trunk and bags off and reinstall the original headlight & turn signals.
Also finish reloading my pile of .223 brass (completed this).
Went out this morning to rebuild the front brakes on the F100. I've had all the parts for a year. Did the rear brakes last year. Well, the fronts are still fine. Now to replace the broken vent, wiper motor, replace the thermostat with a hotter one (runs too cold in winter). Difficult to find a cooling system balance when annual temps vary from °20F to over °120F. Also need to replace the 50 year old steering components.
Then, welding up 4 frames for two new gates. The originals are placed stupidly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,909 Posts
Waxed my Sorento and Silverado and then mowed the lawn. I am totally losing it . . .

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Waxed my Sorento and Silverado and then mowed the lawn. I am totally losing it . . .
This time of year is mowing season for us with 3 acres to mow. And in a few weeks it will be twice a week. But I don't mind, it's therapy for me. This will be my 2nd season on the John Deere Z740R with 60" deck. It makes it a breeze. I installed a sun awning on it last week so I'm ready for the summer.

But I haven't waxed my truck in a few years! Today I'm cleaning the fireplace and putting a new coat of fireplace paint on. Then my wife will put the decorative wood base over the grate and set candles on it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I (for sure) think that is not Kim Novak.

Probably some unknown "B" movie actress.
K.N. would never have exposed herself like that.
I could be wrong though.
I have been wrong at least 3 or 4 times in my life.
Is it possible you could have been mistaken those 3 or 4 times?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Doing gun and garden stuff since the weather has been so nice, and reading a bunch. Some Youtube educational shows, I like the medical and garden lectures and CWO likes the gunsmithing and shooting videos. Other than that TV has only been used for music. CWO has the gun room set up real nice. I’ve been sleeping a bunch, more fatigue than normal but getting rested up to go shooting again soon.

Have gotten lots of garden projects moving along, I don’t think that your ever done in a garden. Here is one or our latest beauties, it broke off during a storm this morning so we brought it in. Love the color mix, may do those colors on an AR cause I like the pink and red together 😉

59840E80-4F24-45C8-A426-CD3161619EF0.jpeg

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I am “essential”. I have been working my hindquarters off 50-60 hrs a week; helping my wife of 18 years wrangle all the kids at home, and trying to get all the spring maintenance and planting taken care of besides.

I am “tired”. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
33,909 Posts
I am “essential”. I have been working my hindquarters off 50-60 hrs a week; helping my wife of 18 years wrangle all the kids at home, and trying to get all the spring maintenance and planting taken care of besides.

I am “tired”. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You'd get more rest in ICU.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts