Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
hudson-h9-vs-sig-sauer.jpg

This illustrates the bore axis difference.

Reactions: drift

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ugly? Maybe. Idk, I thought that pretty had gone out the window when it came to saving your skin. I have a pretty 1911, I have seen plenty of other pretty guns. Doesn't make them ideal for carry or defense. If I hire a bodyguard, pretty is going to be last on the resume.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ugly? Maybe. Idk, I thought that pretty had gone out the window when it came to saving your skin. I have a pretty 1911, I have seen plenty of other pretty guns. Doesn't make them ideal for carry or defense. If I hire a bodyguard, pretty is going to be last on the resume.
These days you can have both function and form. Lots of great looking firearms out there that are known for having outstanding reliability. I know looks is subjective and lots of folks obviously think this gun looks great. But I don't buy anything that I don't like the aesthetics of. I'm going to spend waaaaay more time handling, carrying, shooting, training, cleaning, and admiring than I am saving my life with it. So as long as it has absolute 100% reliability and passes all my carrying tests, then I want something that looks good in my edc systems. That's like saying you don't care what your car looks like as long as it gets you where you want to go. Which there's nothing wrong with that, but I would rather get where I want to go in something that looks great. Different strokes for different folks.

As for the gun, I just don't see why it's revolutionary. I don't find that I can't control my guns enough that I need to get something like this H9. So for me it seems like they are looking for an issue that really isn't there. You can control muzzle flip by picking a gun that is chambered in a caliber that you can handle from the get go. For instance there are 3 different calibers in the Shield "9mm,40,& 45" and all of them shoot different. Some people can shoot the 45 and keep the muzzle fairly flat with quick follow up shots that are kept on target, while others would find that the recoil just makes the gun unmanageable and for that person the 9mm would be a better fit. I just don't see an issue that needs to be corrected by spending $2k on this gun.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I would love to shoot the thing! Anything that gets me back on target faster will always have my attention. Only way to know for sure though is to shoot it - at $1,147, you might find some ranges buying them for people to rent. But not many me thinks.

I actually think it's good looking.

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
Patent application here: Patent Images

The applicant, Billie Hudson, has a fair number of gun patents to his name.

Interesting gun. I'd like to try it out if I ever get the chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts