Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III | The Huffington Post

I didn't know the Huffington Post allowed their writers to smoke dope while writing articles!
"There is no doubt that people do have the right to carry and have a stockpile of guns .... But, the main issue is on the right to self-defend with a firearm.
"The main problem with the notion of self-defense is it imposes on justice, for everyone has the right for a fair trial. Therefore, using a firearm to defend oneself is not legal because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights."

- Excuse me while I clean the bottom of my shoes off., I think I stepped in something while feeding the dogs.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Self defense may well deprive a bad person of their life. Since at the time they were threatening to do exactly that with you, then you have the right to stop them. But likely the only way to stop them is to shoot them in such a way that they become unable to shoot back. This is all very iffy as some can take a number of rounds and can still put you down. It isn't at all like the idiot TV.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Thread on this topic is already running.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Self defense may well deprive a bad person of their life. Since at the time they were threatening to do exactly that with you, then you have the right to stop them. But likely the only way to stop them is to shoot them in such a way that they become unable to shoot back. This is all very iffy as some can take a number of rounds and can still put you down. It isn't at all like the idiot TV.
Part of the problem is that most people think that what they see on TV is the way things happen in the real world.

That is the false paradigm in which they exist and use as the basis for their opinions, beliefs, attitudes and view of life. They gobble misinformation, exaggeration and imagination down like it's pepperoni pizza.

That's why the mainstream media and Hollywood have so much influence on so many people.

Disgusting, but true.:aargh4:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lol Huff-paint at it again! "People who are actively trying to deprive you of your life and/or property shall not be deprived of their 6th Amendment rights"

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I guess Huff Post figures it's not unconstitutional to have your brains beat to a bloody pulp?

Of course the end of the article made no sense at all, definitely a late night binge piece.

·
Banned
894 Posts
You're talking to the wrong liberals. You want to talk to the ones with guns. There is a web site. Be wary, many of them are educated, many are military vets, they all seem to know a lot about guns.

That piece of dreck nonsense about self defense has been around before and will probably be around again. It completely ignores my right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness-which involves shooting guns and staying alive when attacked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just don't kill them so they can get a "fair" trial. Do as the New Yuck mob use to do. "Kneecapping". Let them walk into limping or amputated at the knee. They'll remember the lesson and hate you for the rest of their miserable life.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Just a heads up about the PuffHo, they don't pay for their articles and they don't really care what is in them as long as it will drive clicks through for ad revenue. Once I learned that I have always avoided ever clicking on anything on the PuffHo as their behavior is considerably less than ethical and relies on people desperately wanting to be recognized and maybe getting a real job writing.

Bottom line, don't read anything they publish and never click through to their articles. They don't care what you think they just want the clicks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.