Defensive Carry banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
As I have mentioned before, I live in a cartel controlled neighborhood. If anything crazy like that happens, I have a simple plan. Get to the basement, with haste. I really do think that a fake raid would end up with multiple cartel "soldiers" in my, very small, house. I forsee that calling for an inordinate number of bullet hole repairs.

Problems like that are something I sometimes think about, but really, it is a weirdly quiet and polite neighbourhood. However, I don't wat a bunch of their "soldiers" holding a gunfight in my house. First, not my circus, not my monkeys (I said that to a visiting ranking member of the local controlling cartel, he just laughed and said that was the attitude that he was asking for). Second, I don't want to owe that crowd anything. But like I said, it is a weirdly quiet and polite neighbourhood.
Years ago I lived on the same block as a couple of Banditos, a 1% bike club. Very quiet block! :LOL: No crime at all!

·
Registered
42,991 Posts
Reactions: Pittpa

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Still getting mail for about 3 or 4 previous owners of the house I've been working on for over 6 years. Boy, I need to get that thing finished! And the stuff I found in the house? Yea, possible.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
No knock warrants were enacted to help fight the "War on Drugs". End the second and there's no need for the first. Not like that's ever going to happen. It's funny really, because the last year showed the extent to which those who "govern" wish to be able to govern every aspect of our lives. Now finally it's started to upset some. The fact is, such behavior has been going on for quite some time, and most people never complained because they thought that they were exempt from such treatment. If they kick in someone's door because the person might be involved with "drugs", no biggie. But if they potentially can kick in someone's door because they might not be wearing a mask or refused to get a vaccine, or they might have a gun that someone else doesn't like, now we'll get upset.
It reminds me of the comments that someone once made that ended with "...And then they came for me, and there was no one left to stand up."

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That is why we chose a house with all of the bedrooms upstairs; anyone coming into our home has to come up a narrow, unprotected stairway to get to us. At the top will be Dad, with a 9-round Remington VersaMax with plenty of buckshot.

Behind me, Momma has her Glock and about 180lbs of menopause on tap, the oldest boys have an AR-15 and a Remington TAC-14 at their disposal.

Our plan is to fill the stairway with buckshot, then get out of Momma's way...... I truly will feel for any survivors.

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
42,991 Posts
That is why we chose a house with all of the bedrooms upstairs; anyone coming into our home has to come up a narrow, unprotected stairway to get to us. At the top will be Dad, with a 9-round Remington VersaMax with plenty of buckshot.

Behind me, Momma has her Glock and about 180lbs of menopause on tap, the oldest boys have an AR-15 and a Remington TAC-14 at their disposal.

Our plan is to fill the stairway with buckshot, then get out of Momma's way...... I truly will feel for any survivors.
The only way I'd have upstairs bedrooms is if I had either an elevator or escalator. I'm a ground-floor person anymore.

·
Premium Member
37,592 Posts

Back to the original topic, so what if they set your house on fire?

·
Registered
42,991 Posts
I worry a lot more about rising inflation than a phony swat team. Geez, where do you guys live?
I live in Mid to S. FL and it's happened around here. Phony cops pulling cars over, the whole shebang. Inflation is a problem also.

Reactions: demanic

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Back to the original topic, so what if they set your house on fire?
Houses, and believing that they can be defended against any concerted attack from a number of people is a foolish and stupid idea. You missed my statement regarding it being Bear country and several thousand acres of surrounding National forest.

We will see our enemies long before they get to us, and that’s what bug out bags are for. If they wish to set the house on fire so be it. Those can be replaced. People cannot.

As for any BGs setting our house on fire, they still have be able to leave and I imagine being seriously wounded or gut shot in the middle of a place that is inhabited by grizzly bears and other apex predators might be a tall task. In that case, it’s going to suck to be them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
Criminals will prey on anyone they think has money or property they want. If they get the idea you have money in the house, they'll come after you. There are plenty of home invasions that aren't drug rips.

Hmmmmmmmmmm criminals preying on other criminals. Not anywhere near my list of concerns.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I live in Mid to S. FL and it's happened around here. Phony cops pulling cars over, the whole shebang. Inflation is a problem also.
Just two different types of the same act.
Houses, and believing that they can be defended against any concerted attack from a number of people is a foolish and stupid idea. You missed my statement regarding it being Bear country and several thousand acres of surrounding National forest.

We will see our enemies long before they get to us, and that’s what bug out bags are for. If they wish to set the house on fire so be it. Those can be replaced. People cannot.

As for any BGs setting our house on fire, they still have be able to leave and I imagine being seriously wounded or gut shot in the middle of a place that is inhabited by grizzly bears and other apex predators might be a tall task. In that case, it’s going to suck to be them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I lived there, I wouldn't plan on bugging out to anywhere. I'd just let the bears soften them up.
Criminals will prey on anyone they think has money or property they want. If they get the idea you have money in the house, they'll come after you. There are plenty of home invasions that aren't drug rips.
And they come in all sorts of different forms. Can't tell the players without a scorecard.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Funny enough, the last house I rented, from the wife's "friend", the previous renters was her brother. Wasn't that bad of a neighborhood. However, the house came replete with a steel front door, 3" eye bolts going through the door frame, and a 3" galvanized steel pipe to put through it. My understanding was that he never used the front door, and all "business" was conducted through the backdoor of the house. We stayed there until the lease ran out, and then we were gone, as the wife's "friend" refused to fix the a/c after it went out in the middle of the summer. Needless to say, that person is no longer her friend. However, I have liked what they had done with the bar for the front door...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The previous owner of the house I'm staying in now was a female; however, I've been getting letters sent to my home from a prorole officer. The letters are addressed to a mans name. I assume it was her boyfriend or son (if she has one). Only been here 9 months, and the letters started coming 3 months ago. All this talk has me worried about having a knock at my door or my door kicked in while I'm at work being that I work overnight.
If you have not, you should make personal contact with the parole officer. Get ahead of any potential issues.

My phone number belonged to a woman who needed assistance, and basically disappeared. I had to talk to her social worker to explain I had the number now, and that I had no relationship with the young lady to get the calls to me to stop. Apparently she had a young kid and was struggling to deal with the child and her own life. Glad I never met her, the conversation I had with an Arkansas bounty hunter looking for information on some of her "friends" was interesting.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts