Defensive Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a kel tec pmr30 for pinking.
I like the feel of it in my hand and I was told that it has very light recoil.
Any advice and thoughts would be appreciated from anyone with any experience with this gun.
thank you
Harold

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
The poor man's FN 5.7 :wink:
Light recoil, light trigger, light gun and thirty rounds of ammo! Kind of a pain to load up the magazines, but worth it I suppose. Sometimes I only load twenty or so. Mine needed a little smoothing out around the breech face/feed ramp and now it feeds fine. I was getting a few hangups prior to that. Others put a couple hundred rounds through theirs to accomplish the same thing.
Buy your ammo online in bulk. It's the only way to make 22 magnum more affordable.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
They are cool and I really like .22 mags but a bit expensive for plinking. (.22 mags are about the same price as 9mm range ammo but A LOT harder to find in my area!)

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The poor man's FN 5.7 :wink:
Light recoil, light trigger, light gun and thirty rounds of ammo! Kind of a pain to load up the magazines, but worth it I suppose. Sometimes I only load twenty or so. Mine needed a little smoothing out around the breech face/feed ramp and now it feeds fine. I was getting a few hangups prior to that. Others put a couple hundred rounds through theirs to accomplish the same thing.
Buy your ammo online in bulk. It's the only way to make 22 magnum more affordable.

Thank you PAcanis.
The poor man's FN57 looks like it did a good job on that target. That is some fine shooting sir.
After reading the advice in this thread, I will pick the gun up.
It will take me some time to get used to the mag release but I guess wilt practice it won't be an issue.
Thank you to all for the feedback.

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Yes do it ..I love the one I used and carry ..Weights nothing .. Holds 30 rounds ..They make a rifle model now that use the same mags so big plus there

One thing to note they do make pistol loaded 22 mag now .The blast and recoil with normal 22mag is very nice though think organe size ballss of fire and 308 level blast ..You can not put a silencer on the pistol model as far as I know and some of the cheeper import ammo for 22mag does not work in some of them

Get one I think they are great guns plus they are red dot ready which is very cool

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Thank you PAcanis.
The poor man's FN57 looks like it did a good job on that target. That is some fine shooting sir.
After reading the advice in this thread, I will pick the gun up.
It will take me some time to get used to the mag release but I guess wilt practice it won't be an issue.
Thank you to all for the feedback.
They hold so many rounds you never need to change mags :tongue:

It's odd, but it's also kind of a nifty magazine release. Much easier to operate than a P38/European style.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I think they are neat.

I love .22mag from a rifle...but I have never been able to get hollow points to open from my handgun length mag barrels...same with 22LR...consequently, I have never bought a PMR30.

Reactions: Harold686
1 - 10 of 10 Posts