Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to make your blood pressure go up?

4th graders required to write "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights to be safer" during a lesson on government.

Unbelievable.

Dad Furious After Finding This Crayon-Written Paper in Florida 4th-Grader?s Backpack: ?I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights?to Be Safer?

paper-620x362.jpeg

Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Ready to make your blood pressure go up?

4th graders required to write "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights to be safer" during a lesson on government.

Unbelievable.

Dad Furious After Finding This Crayon-Written Paper in Florida 4th-Grader?s Backpack: ?I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights?to Be Safer?

View attachment 71127

Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.
School, or indoctrination center...???

Soon, those of us who remember the way it's supposed to be, will be sent to re-education camps...

I wonder, will it happen so slowly, we will be like boiled frogs?

It's getting scary out there, folks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just saw this as well. You beat me to posting it tmarks. This is absolutely ridiculous. If my son or daughter were in that excuse for a teacher's class, I would demand that they be transferred IMMEDIATELY to another teacher and would raise holy heck with the school principal and the school board at the next board meeting. Unbelievable. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
19,904 Posts
And how many fourth graders can fully comprehend the meaning of Constitutional rights? Sounds like indoctrination beginning early to increase its effectiveness.

I remember being taught stuff as late as 7th and 8th grade and accepting it as absolute fact, until I learned otherwise many years later. This is really insidious and despicable.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I'd make a huge issue outta that with the highest ranking official I could. That my friends is not teaching, as I'm sure you all already know. That is flat out trying to set the opinion of one into the highly impressionable mindset of our children. Something like that said to young adults is one thing, but to adolescents is unconscionable. That teacher should be reprimanded, or better yet, out right fired! Donald Trump style even.. :wink:

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Registered
87 Posts
My son is 5 years old and already knows all of the bill of rights and what they mean to him. He knows how to respectfully question someone who asserts authority over him and would have openly refused to write such a statement. He even knows how to respectfully and firmly excersize his first, fourth, and fifth amendment rights when encountering police. Of course he will never be in a position to be indoctrinated by the state as we will not send him to school. It's all about taking responsibility for teaching your child how to be the kind of person you want him/her to be. If you leave it up to someone else, they'll become like someone else.

www.getcorded.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
....Obama youth has officially begun.
I don't think you can blame this on Obama. There are plenty of liberals in this country with their on plan of "improvement". Stuff like this isn't mandated from the federal government.

Reminds me of: They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Now that is the sort of history lesson they should be teaching.

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
Common Core is going to be implemented in PA. now.
Teachers will be fired AKA have their jobs terminated if they inform parents of what is being taught to their kids in school.

If you want your kids to go to college then you won't even be able to Home School them because all of the college entrance testing will be based on and centered around Common Core...so they will fail the testing unless they have been re-educated and properly brain washed.

You'll probably be better off Home Schooling your kids and then also teaching them a useful trade where they can go into business for themselves and make their own living for themselves.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
How does schoolwork sit in their backback for months and not get noticed?

·
Registered
158 Posts
:angryfire:

I am truly ashamed of my home town, and I wish I could think that this is an isolated incident. This is the plan guns are the new tobacco, gun owners will be portrayed as evil and dangerous. For the first time in my life I fear that the next generation will be more than willing to give up their freedoms for the illusion of security.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I'd be on every news channel, radio station, filing lawsuits, presenting at the school board meetings, county board of supervisors meetings, but the !st thing I'd do is change schools. There is no way I would go quietly into the night. If it is one thing I tell my kids over and over again is how your rights and freedoms are all that we have. Defend them with your life...many others sacrificed their lives so we could have it. It's worth that much not only to us, but future generations.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
... against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I think we found one.

Reactions: BugDude

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Question 1- what is the objective of the lesson?
Question 2- what is the standard being reached by that objective?

I think this is a great lesson. It may be a bit advanced for 4th grade. I'd like to see it in middle school or above. Objective- students will develop an understanding of how Constitutionally affirmed rights impact individuals and communities.

Here is my lesson- Premise- since the signing of the Delcaration of Independance, Americans have been slowly yielding individual rights to the Federal government.
The hook-Lull students into agreeing that yielding some rights is o.k. if it can be socially justified.
The twist- begin challenging students' assertions with current events, or historically significant cases. Use these cases to demonstrate the dangers in yielding individual rights. Discuss the spectrum of what may be permissible authority yielded to the government vs. where government steps over its assigned authority.

Better yet, assign students to do their own research to demonstrate why another student's choice may be faulty or dangerous. For example, you may choose to write why you would be willing to give up your 4th A rights. Then, you are assigned to show why another student probably doesn't want to give up their 5th A rights.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I had been wondering if that isn't what was really going to happen, and the parents haven't seen
the end of the lesson yet.

You posted what I was thinking. Unfortunately, we won't likely ever know if that is true or not.

Choices here: 1) a good teacher using a powerhouse teaching method; 2) a dud.

The late WV Senator Robert Byrd always kept a copy of The Constitution in his pocket. He
cajoled Congress into agreeing that Sept. 17 would be designated Constitution Day. 36 USC § 106 - Constitution Day and Citizenship Day

36 USC § 106 - Constitution Day and Citizenship Day | Title 36 - Patriotic and National Observances, Ceremonies, and Organizations | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

USC › Title 36 › Subtitle I › Part A › Chapter 1 › § 106

36 USC § 106 - Constitution Day and Citizenship Day

(a) Designation.— September 17 is designated as Constitution Day and Citizenship Day.
(b) Purpose.— Constitution Day and Citizenship Day commemorate the formation and signing on September 17, 1787, of the Constitution and recognize all who, by coming of age or by naturalization, have become citizens. c) Proclamation.— The President may issue each year a proclamation calling on United States Government officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on Constitution Day and Citizenship Day and inviting the people of the United States to observe Constitution Day and Citizenship Day, in schools and churches, or other suitable places, with appropriate ceremonies.

d) State and Local Observances.— The civil and educational authorities of States, counties, cities, and towns are urged to make plans for the proper observance of Constitution Day and Citizenship Day and for the complete instruction of citizens in their responsibilities and opportunities as citizens of the United States and of the State and locality in which they reside.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts