Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally...

The lady friend and I are hosting a party tomorrow for about 2 dozen friends at her home, I went out this evening to the local grocery store to purchase some libations and foodstuffs (sounds exciting huh?), some of the adult variety. I'm in my 30s, but to the high school kid working as cashier, evidently I look like I'm young enough to ask for ID (I'll be thanking him in 10 years), I was rather surprised since this almost never happens to me anymore. I pulled my license out (or so I thought) and handed it to him, a few seconds later I realized that my DL was still in my wallet (I keep my CHL behind my DL in my wallet usually). I looked up and said "oh sorry wrong card"...he just looked back and said "that's OK it's a license". Haha oh well!

For those not from TX, the CHL looks virtually identical to a DL or ID card, also it has both your DL/ID # and DOB on it. It was pretty amusing actually now thinking about it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a similar funny story.

I had just received my Commercial Drivers License (Class B) and the cashier had apparently never seen "one of these weird ones". She accused me of having a fake ID and called over her manager to check it out. The manager had apparently never seen one either so I produced my CHL. Both of their eyes got really big, then they apologized and proceded to sell me my Shiner Bock.

No big deal, but yeah my CDL and CHL look almost identical.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Shiner, the only beer I'll drink. I have to one up you though. I didn't have my DL with me to get my marriage license. My wife was driving. The only ID I had on me was my CHL so I used that. The marriage license says DL# for her and CHL# by my name.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shiner, the only beer I'll drink. I have to one up you though. I didn't have my DL with me to get my marriage license. My wife was driving. The only ID I had on me was my CHL so I used that. The marriage license says DL# for her and CHL# by my name.
Hahaha, OK yea you definitely win!

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Maryland DL is predominantly blue and white as is Florida CHL.

Happened to me twice. I now keep it behind the Utah which is orange and white.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I bought beer today using my laugh lines and crows feet. :rolleyes:
Made me think of how upset my wife was the first time she got a "Senior Discount" without having to show an ID first. I didn't hear the end of it for months. Hmmmmmmm come to thing of it, we haven't been back there since.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Made me think of how upset my wife was the first time she got a "Senior Discount" without having to show an ID first. I didn't hear the end of it for months. Hmmmmmmm come to thing of it, we haven't been back there since.
A little awkward around here this week. Mrs. Niks got her Golden Buckeye Card in the mail.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
My wife got carded in TN . She was all happy about . until the next day they carded me with her standing with me . We did laugh about it .:smile:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
When I ask if they WANT ID...they laugh!

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,752 Posts
At 67, some young clerks ask for ID to be funny when I buy adult beverages. I show them my U.S. Army retired ID card and they usually mumble, "Thank you for your service."

·
Registered
484 Posts
I did't plan on using my CHL but we stopped at the courthouse after work and it was almost time for it to close. That's ok it makes for a funny story.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
At 67, some young clerks ask for ID to be funny when I buy adult beverages. I show them my U.S. Army retired ID card and they usually mumble, "Thank you for your service."
At least they recognized what it was. I've had clerks look at it and ask what it was. :pat:

·
Banned
2,648 Posts
In my area they ask for ID regardless of age, and they have have accepted my CWFL, but in many cases refuse to accept my retired military ID. Because I have a bad attitude, according to my wife, I politely say, oh! I am sorry, leave my items on the belt and walk out.......

·
Registered
43 Posts
We recently refiananced our house. To do so we had to produce two picture ids. The only thing I had other than my drivers license was my concealed permit. They accepted it.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
I was bike riding one day,and,wanted to get a money order,before i went back home.I went into a CVS store.The lady told me she needed my id,this for a 20.00 money order.

I ask her why?She said it was a CVS policy now,and without an id,the system wouldn't let allow her to sell a money order.All i had was my ccp,which worked,but,i will find another store,the next time i need one.

That's the only time,i've used mine.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts