Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this is my first post on this forum! I have 1 question about my new gun for other LCP owners. My slide catch switch is awefully hard going up. The slide has to be ALL the way back before I can get the catch up in the notch. Is this normal?

Here's a picture of my new companion, getting ready for its pre-testfire cleaning.

uploadfromtaptalk1368760010418.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to DC. Congrats on your new gun. It is always exciting. Can't answer your question on the LCP however.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I pocket carry which means I carry all the time. Welcome to the club. Yes, that is normal for the LCP. It is a small inexpensive gun so do not expect too much from it. I had one but sold it to buy a Sig P238. Heavier but it handles like a real gun. The LCP is popular for carry around here due to its size and weight but not too popular for shooting. Shoot yours and decide for yourself.

A .380 is bottom of the barrel for defensive rounds. I do not hate them as I own two .380's. However they are my for when I do not need a gun guns. Most men can handle a pocket nine though and only give up a few ounces in weight. However if you have no other choice the LCP is good for what it is. There are a lot of good choices for pocket guns out there should you start feeling inadequate with the LCP. Most end up moving up to a pocket 9mm. I mainly pocket carry a Sig P938, .357 LCR and XDs .45. After staring down a would be robber with my hand on my LCP in my pocket and really wishing I had carried one of my larger guns, I decided to replace it for something that I could use at more than belly distance and that had a slide that locked back on the last round. If you are cash strapped try a KelTec PF9 or Kahr CM9. Both fine pocket nines.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Taking your new pistola apart is fine, but why take the new mag apart? Just curious...:confused:

ret :31:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from Central Florida!

Taking your new pistola apart is fine, but why take the new mag apart? Just curious...:confused:

ret :31:
I swapped out the contoured plate for the flush plate. So I figured I'd wipe down the spring while it was apart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh one more question about it. Why do new Rugers have those round stickers like the red one on mine?

·
Banned
22 Posts
ummm....

because purple stickers would look silly on a gun?

just kidding: it's an inspection sticker at the QC station from the factory: think it has to do with making sure the safety or trigger controls are correct and to spec.

Congrats on your mouse gun!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ummm....

because purple stickers would look silly on a gun?

just kidding: it's an inspection sticker at the QC station from the factory: think it has to do with making sure the safety or trigger controls are correct and to spec.

Congrats on your mouse gun!
I figured as much.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Ive always wanted one of these mini .380s. A friend of mine has a Ruger LCP, and Id love to shoot one.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Congrats in your LCP! It's a good gun for what it is (carry every day, hide anywhere, I hope I never use this because it's barely a gun). I like mine for quick grab and go's but prefer bigger guns with more and harder hitting rounds. But the LCP fits a niche and in spaces my Glocks, XD's and 1911 can't.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. :bier:

As for the hold open latch; I just picked up one of the new LCPs and mine was pretty tough at first. As stated above, it will loosen up after a few rounds and use. The LCP is a awesome little pocket pistol, and I highly recommend it for anyone needing a deep cover carry option. Loaded with some good ammo and appropriate training, the LCP could definitely save ones butt.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
first off welcome to the forum. second congrats on your LCP. ive been debating getting one for quite some time. happy shooting.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! Enjoy your new LCP.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like my LCP cause I can't pocket carry my .38 or.357 very easily. It will loosen up over time. Just keep an eye on the "take down" pin while shooting for the first few times.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.