Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss came by and told me to go into the shipyard as needed and work from home the rest of the time! :danceban:

I understand gun smoke is the vaccine for the other corona thing. :image035:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Stay safe my brother.
Wife was told to work from home after today.
She went into the office today to bring home all her stuff.
My boss doesn't give a crap. We have no contingency plans, no plans for anything.
Just come in, do your job and don't care if we share germs.
One son works for the city, they are shutting down all the recreation centers so he just needs to go in and check on the place each day.
Other son is stuck on a cruise ship in Hawaii. Docked on the empty ship for 2 more weeks till his contract is over.
Then he will fly back to Galveston as long as domestic air travel does not shut down.
He does not want to stay in Hawaii. Way too expensive. Said he got 4 tacos and 2 margaritas yesterday and it came to 48 dollars.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
....stupid rain, I bout had him tending to the yard and it started just as he got outside :mad:

(shoveling dog poo in tall grass is more difficult for those that don’t get to enjoy dogs)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Boss came by and told me to go into the shipyard as needed and work from home the rest of the time! :danceban:

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
My entire place of work is going to be closed all week, to be re-evaluated next Saturday. Yes, I am still getting paid.

A couple of months ago I ordered some hardware to make some shelves in the dining room. I never got around to building the shelves though. Yep, I was at the lumber yard today. I expect to be completely done with this tomorrow. That was even taking some time to do some amateur radio tinkering this morning.

. . . I think I can grow to like this.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts

Yep, I’ve been giving the option of using comp time until April 10, and I jumped on it! After that I still have over a month of vacation and another month and half in the sick time accrual to use if needed.

Got my gardens plowed up today and going to get some other things done on the property tomorrow.

Just me and the wife, alone and hunkered down with plenty of bullets, beans and bandaids.

We got out the AR’s and checked their zeros and magazine function.( Can’t remember the last time they were fired).

Life is good.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Today is my last working day.
Schools closed until the 27th in MN and maybe longer. There are contingency plans for virtual learning through the end of the school year if necessary.
No positive word yet if we will get paid or not. Walls has asked the legislature to fund hourly school staff (Paras, Bus drivers, etc.) as they are not eligible for unemployment.

Restaurants and bars are supposed to close by 5pm tonight except for delivery and drive through service.
Things could get tough depending on how long this goes on.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Headed to the mountains of North Carolina Friday morning before sun up. Staying at a lodge in the middle of 100+ acres at 3200 feet. No more than 25 people there at any one time. No coronavirus cases anywhere within 100+ miles.

Just hoping gas stations will be open though I suspect that self service should be no problem and traffic should be light.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yep, I’ve been giving the option of using comp time until April 10, and I jumped on it! After that I still have over a month of vacation and another month and half in the sick time accrual to use if needed.

Got my gardens plowed up today and going to get some other things done on the property tomorrow.

Just me and the wife, alone and hunkered down with plenty of bullets, beans and bandaids.

We got out the AR’s and checked their zeros and magazine function.( Can’t remember the last time they were fired).

Life is good.
Make sure you buy a roll of dip...Just in case

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts