Defensive Carry banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
It seems like this whole county is starting to slip into a "Coronavacation". It promises to be very tough on many individuals and families. It's been a very tough winter already for fishermen and supporting businesses due to the loss of Chinese markets early on this year.
Hard to enjoy a forced unplanned vacation. Every port on the coast is feeling anxious.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Talking with the young man who is renting our farm. He has most of this seasons crop priced in forward contracts so he is looking ok unless input costs spike.
This virus is just one more hit in a 4-5 year string of hits for the agriculture sector.
There is a very real possibility of farms filing for bankruptcy if this goes on too long.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Just use caution folks and limit your social contact.

My neighbor from 3 doors down saw me in the front yard yesterday and came down. The first thing he did was stick out his hand and I shook it. I'm not going to let the threat of a virus ruin my civility and humanity. I just kept my hand away from my face and then washed my hands after he left.

But I didn't shake hands with any of the tree trimmers that were at my house yesterday.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Working from home had a conference call this afternoon. We are a melting pot! 2 guys from India, 1 from S Korea, a couple from Mexico, a couple Cajuns and half dozen Yankees!

The word of the day is: What!?! :rofl:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Working from home had a conference call this afternoon. We are a melting pot! 2 guys from India, 1 from S Korea, a couple from Mexico, a couple Cajuns and half dozen Yankees!

The word of the day is: What!?! :rofl:
Is it followed by O.K ? lol

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I feel for everyone experiencing financial hardship right now. Nothing worse than wanting to work but just have to sit around worrying about it. We are blessed here. Wife is a science teacher, so still paid and just has to work from home with the distance learning program.

As for me, I am working by butt off. My company does custom meal prep. I mostly work with fitness and/or weight loss clients through crossfit gyms as well as private clients and many special dietary needs individuals. Meals are delivered weekly to gyms, a few retail locations and private homes packed in cooler bags. No contact and social distance was part of my plan from the beginning. Mostly because I like it that way but it is very helpful now. I have to keep working for now anyway as I have a good portion of older clients that would otherwise have to go out and shop, etc. I am also receiving a lot of calls from out of state people that want to set up meals plans for their parents that live here.

Working on setting up something to provide some healthy soups for free to elderly or at risk residents of my neighborhood. Something no contact, just doorstep and go so they can have something healthy and nutritious and need to make less trips out to the store. I live in a really cool neighborhood with great people so this is something I would like to do. Not much but it is what I can. Plus my wife doesn't go back to school until April 13 AND all the bars are closed. I need something more to do.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I feel for everyone experiencing financial hardship right now. Nothing worse than wanting to work but just have to sit around worrying about it. We are blessed here. Wife is a science teacher, so still paid and just has to work from home with the distance learning program.

As for me, I am working by butt off. My company does custom meal prep. I mostly work with fitness and/or weight loss clients through crossfit gyms as well as private clients and many special dietary needs individuals. Meals are delivered weekly to gyms, a few retail locations and private homes packed in cooler bags. No contact and social distance was part of my plan from the beginning. Mostly because I like it that way but it is very helpful now. I have to keep working for now anyway as I have a good portion of older clients that would otherwise have to go out and shop, etc. I am also receiving a lot of calls from out of state people that want to set up meals plans for their parents that live here.

Working on setting up something to provide some healthy soups for free to elderly or at risk residents of my neighborhood. Something no contact, just doorstep and go so they can have something healthy and nutritious and need to make less trips out to the store. I live in a really cool neighborhood with great people so this is something I would like to do. Not much but it is what I can. Plus my wife doesn't go back to school until April 13 AND all the bars are closed. I need something more to do.
Fantastic. Made my day to hear of how your helping out. Lots of people taking, it's heartwarming to hear of people giving back. Take care.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts