Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally hate myself for doing this but I am taking a chance on the Keltec RDB Survival bullpup. A couple of reviews popped up in my Youtube feed over the past couple of days and despite past poor experiences with Keltec I'm going to try this one out. The overall length is just so awesome and still retaining a 16" threaded barrel.

Anyone have much experience with the RDB system? Pretty simple and somewhat unique operating system it looks like. I have seen a few isolated issues but I haven't heard many reports of anything major.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
The only experience I have with Keltec is my 1st gen Sub 2000. It has been a very pleasant experience. I hope this is a good one for you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got it in, first impressions are positive. Feels solid and much better than previous products of theirs that I have had (su-16 and sub2000). Operating system is pretty slick. Trigger is pretty excellent for a bullpup. Will be excited to see how it runs tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it out and it ran flawlessly through about 200 rounds of M193 clones. Accuracy was fine at around 2 moa. Softest shooting out of the box 223 I have ever fired, particularly after the gas block was adjusted.

The ejection port behind the chamber does cause the brass to occasionally catch on your shirt or roll into your elbow if you are shooting from a table, but doesn’t cause any issues from more natural shooting positions.

All in all I am pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have two Kel-Tec's. I have the RDB, with about 1200 rounds through it. And I have the Sub 2000 in 40 SW with about 500 rounds through it. Both firearms have been relegated to our go-bags. I am impressed with them. No malfunctions at all. Both eat whatever I feed them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts