Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the clock hits midnight tonight all my worries about gun violence are finally over.:icon_neutral:

At the stroke of twelve I will just remove 3 rounds from all my 10 round magazines (I guess having had them already restricted to 10 rounds didn't do the job) and gun violence in my State will be finally ended.

No more worries about home invasions or multiple bad guys attempting to do me serious bodily harm.

You just don't know how safe I now feel in Cuomotopia. I just wonder how many accidental discharges will occur and how many injuries or deaths will happen when we start getting our magazines inspected during routine traffic stops. Oh well I guess every LEO will know how to handle every type of handgun platform and be able to safely remove the magazine and count out the cartridges while standing on the side of the road.

Hmm...

Do I pull out my pistol for inspection while still wearing my seatbelt?
Do I get out of the car and pull my pistol from its holster for inspection?
Do I assume the position while the officer pulls my pistol from its holster?
Do I get my pistol back with an empty magazine and one still in the pipe?
Do I get my pistol back with a handful of cartridges?
Do I reload and reholster before I leave the scene?
Do I drive away with a one shot pistol in my holster?

Is having a legally owned pistol safely secured in my holster reason for a traffic stop to become a Stop, Frisk and Examine police action?

I am sure not every LEO is thrilled with this NY Safe Act.

No problem, just a few thoughts on what some consider to be "COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL."

bosco

Maybe a NYC reload might be a good idea, but then I'd have two pistols to be inspected....:confused:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Quit being such a pessimist, you know Nanny Andy knows what's best for you, and besides, "It's for the Children".

Just curious. I remember when passed there were no exemptions in the law. Has the law been changed, or are the police still limited to 7 rounds also?

Reactions: mano3 and Pistology

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious. I remember when passed there were no exemptions in the law. Has the law been changed, or are the police still limited to 7 rounds also?
From what I understand LEO can continue to use their issued magazines.

EVEN BETTER. The law has also exempted all prop guns used by the movie industry. And we all know that a full auto machine gun or submachine gun firing blanks with a gas restrictor on the barrel is not a real gun... DON'T we?????????????????

bosco

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Well it would make sense to exempt Hollywierd from the rules. After all, they are "Experts" in the safe use of guns.

As to the police, I know they were upset when they saw the law that was passed, that they weren't exempt from the 7 round magazine rule. I hadn't seen anything that said it had been changed to exempt them.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it would make sense to exempt Hollywierd from the rules. After all, they are "Experts" in the safe use of guns.

As to the police, I know they were upset when they saw the law that was passed, that they weren't exempt from the 7 round magazine rule. I hadn't seen anything that said it had been changed to exempt them.
The following is a direct quote from the NY SAFE ACT website:

"Law Enforcement Exemptions
The SAFE Act ensures that the men and women serving in law enforcement are able to carry out their duties. Law enforcement will continue to be able to possess assault weapons and high capacity magazines in order to protect New Yorkers. Law enforcement will also be able to possess those weapons and magazines where they are needed without limitation. Retired law enforcement will be subject to the same exemptions under federal law that existed before the SAFE Act."

bosco

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know that I feel so much safer now that my rights are being infringed . Seven in the mag is a joke. Can't wait to see what happens in court.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To show how vague Cuomo and his group of anti-gun legislators can be, look at this part of the LEO exemption statement:

"Law Enforcement Exemptions
The SAFE Act ensures that the men and women serving in law enforcement are able to carry out their duties. Retired law enforcement will be subject to the same exemptions under federal law that existed before the SAFE Act."

Will retired LEO (even if covered under LEOSA) be restricted by the 7 round magazine limit?

bosco

Looks like a yes to me.

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
As someone else stated on another thread, all the other states accept oppressed refugees.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Do you have to pay rent to Bloomberg to live in NY, or just bow when he walks by.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
I feel safer already.
Rest secure with the knowledge that your state has taken *meaningful action* by enacting *common sense measures* to curb gun violence. Your children are safe at last.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMO.....some need to take this situation and the one in PA with all the cancelled resaprosity agreements more seriously and stop the joking.
This is so true.

With the increase in government entitlements and the growth of a non-thinking voting public our rights are at the whim of elected officials. Elected by morons who will vote for anything or anyone just to keep the checks and benefits rolling in each month.

bosco

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL. Will be when no one has any kind of fire arm. The Election NOV 6th make sure it was just a matter of time.
If you think this is over your kidding yourself just like when you voted of these people

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
My condolences, all you oppressed folks in NY, CT and elsewhere. :frown:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Dennis, the "constitutional" peasant -- rant against the "violence inherent in the system."

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Do what I did with New York...... leave. I was born and raised in Elmira NY, left when I was 18 and will never move back. I like Indiana, I dont have to have a permit just to buy a handgun, and its smells better.

Reactions: RickyD

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm a NY LEO but I live in PA. This has got to be the worst law ever concocted. All my coworkers are against it and my boss signed off against the safe act. Every day we strap on a duty weapon we are in violation of the safe act. Its not right, something bad is gonna happen soon enough. People with illegal guns are not going to short load the magazines. This is just because they can't regulate the illegal guns and go after the ones they can to say they did something.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Granted one in the chamber is not in the magazine. But if you load a 7 rd mag +1 is that any sort of violation or problem? If they are mentally stuck on only having 7 rounds, if you devise a clever scheme to get 8 will it get you in trouble to not be at the magic #7? And when obama comes to NY are his security people gonna have to carry 7 rounds? This is like an anally-retentive nightmare!!!:eek:mfg:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Granted one in the chamber is not in the magazine. But if you load a 7 rd mag +1 is that any sort of violation or problem? If they are mentally stuck on only having 7 rounds, if you devise a clever scheme to get 8 will it get you in trouble to not be at the magic #7? And when obama comes to NY are his security people gonna have to carry 7 rounds? This is like an anally-retentive nightmare!!!:eek:mfg:
The law allows 7 in the magazine and 1 in the pipe.

It allows 10 round magazines as well, only they must be loaded with only 7 rounds unless they are being used at a shooting range.

bosco

·
Registered
821 Posts
The law allows 7 in the magazine and 1 in the pipe.

It allows 10 round magazines as well, only they must be loaded with only 7 rounds unless they are being used at a shooting range.

bosco
Ha! That's too easy. I figured with the gummit being involved that a +1 would have 4-7 conditions attached like most stuff they crank out does. I still feel for you guys that have to submit to this idiocy. If only someone with about a 75 pt. IQ would explain it to them....:mad:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts