Defensive Carry banner

I finally did it.

1686 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  LPguy
I finally got the cash together and applied for my CHL. :biggrin:
It was a strange and enlightening experience.
First, when I arrived at the courthouse, I frisked myself. Left knives,Leatherman,keys,change, etc in the car. Got to the courthouse and realized I could have kept my change, etc, as there was no metal detector at the doors. I wouldn't be required to "remove your shoes and belt and please pass through again, sir..."
Strange.
Got to the Sheriff's offices, and no bulletproof glass??? I spoke with people across a desk? Curioser and curioser....
The woman who helped me was polite and friendly. She chit-chatted with me while processing my application quickly and efficiently. Told me it would be about 6 weeks before I get my CHL in the mail.
All in all, a very pleasant experience. Well, aside from having to pay a fee and ask permission to exercise a right, but that's another thread entirely...
It's been years since I was able to enter a courthouse without being made to feel like a criminal.
I love Oregon.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.