Defensive Carry banner

I finally did it.

1689 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  LPguy
I finally got the cash together and applied for my CHL. :biggrin:
It was a strange and enlightening experience.
First, when I arrived at the courthouse, I frisked myself. Left knives,Leatherman,keys,change, etc in the car. Got to the courthouse and realized I could have kept my change, etc, as there was no metal detector at the doors. I wouldn't be required to "remove your shoes and belt and please pass through again, sir..."
Strange.
Got to the Sheriff's offices, and no bulletproof glass??? I spoke with people across a desk? Curioser and curioser....
The woman who helped me was polite and friendly. She chit-chatted with me while processing my application quickly and efficiently. Told me it would be about 6 weeks before I get my CHL in the mail.
All in all, a very pleasant experience. Well, aside from having to pay a fee and ask permission to exercise a right, but that's another thread entirely...
It's been years since I was able to enter a courthouse without being made to feel like a criminal.
I love Oregon.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
In Colorado, it's over $150! $100 to the sheriff, and $52.50 to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Max 90 day wait while they check you out (on day 30 myself).

In my county though, it was pretty painless to apply at least (besides the "sticker shock"); Downloaded the app on the net, brought it in filled out, signed it in front of them, filled out a fingerprint card and got the prints taken. They don't do pictures until you're approved.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.