Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truth be told, also losing a little weight didn't hurt.

tshirta.jpg

tshirtb.jpg

tshirt3.jpg

This is a Comp TAC Minotaur MTAC holster that I have attached a piece of foam to with Velcro as a spacer to hold the bottom of the gun out, which drives the top part of the gun tight into my stomach.

holster_front.jpg

holster_rear.jpg

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Attaching a piece of foam to alter how the gun leans is a neat idea.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
If the MTAC worked well the Neutral might have worked better . I do like there Hybrids and have used a comp-tac neutral for 12 years both as a aiwb and a more neutral 3 to 3:30 carry with a rear cant . .

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attaching a piece of foam to alter how the gun leans is a neat idea.
It indeed is a neat idea. I wish I could say that it was my neat idea, but actually I just snagged the idea from Keeper Concealment Holsters, sanded the serial number off and made it my own. I did order "The Keeper" from them for my Glock 17. I am looking forward to it getting here.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your holster is designed to ride on tire hip. There is a lot of extra material. Adding the foam spacer would make even less room in my jeans. Try a minimal, zero cant, dedicated appendix carry holster.

GUARDIAN INSIDE THE WAISTBAND HOLSTER - MATTE BLACK - Badger Concealment
I was surprised, actually how easily that big hunk of foam fit in my pants. That said, that Badger Guardian holster looks quite interesting, so I went ahead and ordered one just now. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My sweet spot aiwb holster

Here is my sweet spot AIWB holster by Garrett Industries ( modified ). I have gone through many holsters for years trying to find a comfortable AIWB concealed carry holster. By far, for my body type, the Silent Thunder AIWB Slim by Garrett Industries is the most comfortable holster that I have ever worn. I've been wearing this holster every day for at least 2 years. In last few years I have modified holster to accommodate my body type. I am a 5' 11" Bodybuilder weighing it at around 253 lbs. I have modified it with a natural leather backing. I chose natural leather so no dye would bleed on clothing. The leather is cut large enough where when I sit down all angles of holster are covered making for a very comfortable fit. (You will have to excuse my attempt on basket weave design). Leather was purchased from Amazon. I also installed foam backing. I cant remember the name of company where purchased. It was about $10. You can get same type of foam from home Depot and cut to wedged angle to force the Butt of the weapon into the body. Attached to back of holster with industrial Velcro also purchased from Home Depot.There is probably no specific off the shelf holster that will work for all body types but with a little modification I have the perfect AIWB holster for me.
Blessings,
Don :usa:

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here is my sweet spot AIWB holster by Garrett Industries ( modified ). I have gone through many holsters for years trying to find a comfortable AIWB concealed carry holster. By far, for my body type, the Silent Thunder AIWB Slim by Garrett Industries is the most comfortable holster that I have ever worn. I've been wearing this holster every day for at least 2 years. In last few years I have modified holster to accommodate my body type. I am a 5' 11" Bodybuilder weighing it at around 253 lbs. I have modified it with a natural leather backing. I chose natural leather so no dye would bleed on clothing. The leather is cut large enough where when I sit down all angles of holster are covered making for a very comfortable fit. (You will have to excuse my attempt on basket weave design). Leather was purchased from Amazon. I also installed foam backing. I cant remember the name of company where purchased. It was about $10. You can get same type of foam from home Depot and cut to wedged angle to force the Butt of the weapon into the body. Attached to back of holster with industrial Velcro also purchased from Home Depot.There is probably no specific off the shelf holster that will work for all body types but with a little modification I have the perfect AIWB holster for me.
Blessings,
Don :usa:
These guys make a dedicated AIWB holster with lots of options to customize it for you. They are the ones that originally started offering a foam wedge as an option. I am considering one for a G26.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts