Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a Stainless PT-1911 AR for about a year now, after I shot my buddies. First I really like the weight of the extra metal up front, it helps to balance the gun and reduce recoil. I also like the fact that I can install my light or laser for home defense. The gun was purchased for that specific purpose but I am sure it will see a bunch of range time as well. I do not want to special order a holster for a gun with a rail so it is not going to see time on my hip. I have seen a few if the stainless guns but none with the integral rail and none of the others was completely bead blasted, both slide and frame, which is what I also wanted. There are no polished or shiny surfaces on this gun. Had there been any, they would have been blasted as well. First thing I did was replace the grip panels. Here it is!!

Can't wait to get it to the range!!

tex45acp

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Very nice!! I've heard good things about Taurus 1911's.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Nice pistola!

The Taurus PT1911 is probably the best bang for the buck in the world of 1911s.

I am still partial to Springfield Armory though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pretty sweet gun. I had a PT1911 for awhile and it shot very well. Ended up selling it to a buddy of mine, and it still shoots well for him.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Very nice...looks as good as the $2k 1911's you see. Do you know if they make a Commander length?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Handsome, but that ambidextrous safety bugs the crap out of me. It's so out of place to see it on the right side! I'd have to put a traditional part on ASAP.

I walked away from a TAURUS 1911 at a price that I likely won't see again. I'm still kicking myself in the ass over that one.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Nice looking,I got a stainless SA 1911-A1

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
That's a beautiful gun.

But I would have a hard time only using it at home and range. It is just begging to be taken out for carry-duty. :image035:

·
Registered
829 Posts
very nice, may it serve you well!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Beautiful Gun!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a beautiful gun.

But I would have a hard time only using it at home and range. It is just begging to be taken out for carry-duty. :image035:
PastorPack,

That role has been covered by my stainless Wilson Combat Professional for over 5 years. I think the 4" 1911 is the perfect carry gun as far as balance and ease of concealment, yet does not suffer from the sub 4" feeding and function problem I so often read and hear about. As far as accuracy....the Wilson exceeds anything I have ever shot before. It is truly a hole in a hole shooter.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats, I just picked mine up off lay-away a few days ago. Went with the Alum. frame version, but I haven't got to shoot it yet. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
A very nice pistola for an EDC...:yup::hand10:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts