Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finish the process for my california ccw today i was handed my permit around 2:30 today jan 27,2006 went home watched a little tv for an hour then got cleaned up and loaded up. i went to the bank then went to the mall and had dinner and got a new cell phone (part of the self defense package) then went to the gun store to buy some pepper spray. the whole time i was packing my xd40 sub with one extra mag. people are oblivious in southern california. so now i am just going to carry my sw .38 spl till my holster comes in the mail for the xd i have the holster that comes with the xd but i think it sucks and should only be used for the range. anyway just wanted to let you guys know i did get a california permit in orange county.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great news cnc - the long (and fractious) wait is over :smile:
people are oblivious in southern california
Fortunately - most are oblivious almost everywhere :icon16:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
:biggrin2: Outstanding ! :danceban: wow...Orange county. :blink:
Who did you know ? :king: J/K....
I lived in Kern county and thats a gun friendly county compared to Orange... good job !!!

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Congrats..... Glad to see you were able get your permit!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Way to go CNC :banana: Glad to know the good guys out there win every once in a while.
Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually our sheriff is pro gun but hes up for reelection and some people dont like sheriff carona in fact there were protesters outside sheriffs headquarters when i go my permit i had to walk right past them.

·
Administrator
143,583 Posts
cnc marine

So you are now an official member of The Orange County Card Carrying Elite?:biggrin2:
A Deserved Heartfelt Congratulations.:congrats:
Man...you are doing everything so right!
Stay Safe!

·
Registered
13 Posts
XD40 Holster

I hqve been looking for a holster for my XD40. I agree that the one that came with it is not what I would want to use for everyday carry. Where did you find a satisfactory holster for this gun? I would appreciate any info that you would share with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
CongoRats!!

Glad to hear it!

That XD Gear holster does kinda blow but it works fine if you are just sitting around the house. I go IWB when I'm out and switch to the XD Gear holster at home for now. I plan to get another holster or 2 when I order one for my wife's Kahr later this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts