Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boys gave me a UTG 3-9X32 1" BugBuster scope for X-mas, and long story short, after getting a cheek riser and scope riser mount, I finally got to sight it in and use it. I didn’t have a gun vice or sled, just a rubber gun rest to prop the barrel on. So, I had to fire one shot, then try to hold the rifle steady while adjusting the crosshairs. Century Arms C308, PPU ammunition.

My first sighting was at (approximately) 25 meters, for two reasons: 1) I’d read that the .308 zeros at 25 meters and then again at 200 yds (with 3” high at 100 yds); 2) that’s about as far as I can set the target and still see the bullet holes.

After sighting in at 25 meters, I shot at “Red Dawn” targets at 50 and 100 yds. Then, when I realized that I could kind of see the splatter on the Splatter Shot target, I did a little further adjustment at 100 yds, and then ended at 50 yds again.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,374 Posts
I've got one of those on a 10/22 I use for a "Tactical 22" steel match at my club. Pretty decent scope for the modest price, and those QD mounts included are really handy. Given the price point, I'll be interested in knowing how well it holds up under the .308 recoil.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Lets see a picture of the gun with the scope on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts