Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I really need to wisdom of the DC community.

I got a $100 gift card from my parents for Christmas, and I want to buy a quality gun belt with it. Criteria:
  1. I carry primarily OWB, but when I put a suit on (8-10 times a year) I go IWB.
  2. The OWB is always under a cover garment but the IWB is not, so black is the color
  3. I want a belt that looks nice and would with slacks on.
  4. I want it to have good vertical rigidity for carry (XD9sc) but don't want it to feel like I'm an LEO on duty!

So if you were in my shoes, where does your $100 go? I don't have to spend it all if I don't need to, and could add a few bucks for shipping and tax if I needed to. Thanks for your combined wisdom!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have two Beltman belts and find them to be of excellent quality and he delivers as promised.

Hoss

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Check the belts at Tractor Supply. They are a very good value. I bought the Cabelas Double Duty belt for $25 and it is excellent.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a Jay-Pee i bought at the local LE shop. When i was a CO they issued some cheap belt, so i went and bought a nicer, heavier one to wear with my uniform. Now i just use it as my gun belt if i wear my 45 OWB.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I use two different belts. For get down and dirty days I use a Wildernes Instructor's Belt. But for normal or dressed up days I use my trusty Beltman. Looks good and you could hang a Buick on it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Check out DeSantisholster.com you will have enough left over to buy a mag pouch. Decent stuff, decent price.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I plan to buy from this guy again if he's still in business. I've had mine over a year, used it every day, and haven't noticed any sagging or wear. I keep planning to order another one in a smaller size but I haven't got a round tuit.

Home of Amish Farm Marketing
email: [email protected]

"Call (330) 893-7038 ext 3 to shop for and buy our belts."

Belt was $19.95
shipping $6
tax 1.69
Total $27.64 (November 2008 prices)

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Looper and Beltman are both good suggestions. Those Amish made belts look very promising.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Okay, I really need to wisdom of the DC community.

I got a $100 gift card from my parents for Christmas, and I want to buy a quality gun belt with it. Criteria:
  1. I carry primarily OWB, but when I put a suit on (8-10 times a year) I go IWB.
  2. The OWB is always under a cover garment but the IWB is not, so black is the color
  3. I want a belt that looks nice and would with slacks on.
  4. I want it to have good vertical rigidity for carry (XD9sc) but don't want it to feel like I'm an LEO on duty!

So if you were in my shoes, where does your $100 go? I don't have to spend it all if I don't need to, and could add a few bucks for shipping and tax if I needed to. Thanks for your combined wisdom!
I wear a Bianchi Professional series Leather belt at work and a laminated duty belt other times.

I carry a full line of belts that will last an entire career.

gunsandsupply.com Home

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Another vote for the Beltman.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
They may be obvious, but I'm having a hard time finding the belts on your site. Can you help point them out?
Please go to the home page. On the left side, you will see several categories. Find and Click on Holsters and Accessories. This will open a page where you will see several choices. Click on the blue title "Belts and Keepers".

You can alternatively use the search tab a the top of the home page.

Of course, you may also call 888-745-2080 for help.

Thank you

gunsandsupply.com Home

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
It's under the Holsters & Accessories link in the left index.
Please go to the home page. On the left side, you will see several categories. Find and Click on Holsters and Accessories. This will open a page where you will see several choices. Click on the blue title "Belts and Keepers".

You can alternatively use the search tab a the top of the home page.

Of course, you may also call 888-745-2080 for help.

Thank you

gunsandsupply.com Home
Doh! I was looking under apparel. Tried the search with "belt" and "belts" but it didn't work.

Got it now. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I have to add a vote for Looper. You can get 2 great belts for $100.00 bucks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts