Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Wally World had several boxes yesterday too. Picked one up for myself. I haven't seen it in stock in months.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
what's so special about Federal 22LR is it HV lead nose ? If so is this the same as American Eagle 22LR HV
Federal is the second best .22 ammo to CCI, and in some cases is the only thing that will work if CCI doesnt work. Atleast thats my experience.

·
Registered
829 Posts
They never have what I need at the time, so I just stock up reasonably on what I shoot so next time I can wait. Glad you found it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
American Eagle is made by Federal, so wouldn't AE 22LR be good stuff too ? I saw a brick of it the other day for $23..however wasn't sure if AE stuff was a good ammo to try out even though I'm told it was made by Federal ?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
what's so special about Federal 22LR is it HV lead nose ? If so is this the same as American Eagle 22LR HV
Its copper plated high velocity hollow point, usually in 38gr. It is the most accurate ammo I have found that works best in my Ruger 10/22.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its copper plated high velocity hollow point, usually in 38gr. It is the most accurate ammo I have found that works best in my Ruger 10/22.
thats good to hear, since I picked up 4 bricks a few weeks ago. still have about 2500 rds in the safe. in an above post someone said they paid 23 for a brick!!?? OUCH! 15.99 is what i picked up the 38gr copper plated HV's for. before those i bought the American Eagle for the same price. seems to shoot just fine.

I picked up 100rds of CCI Stinger loads...man o man, those things have some velocity to them. fun to shoot, but at 4.99/50, gets to be spendy .22 shootin.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I'm lost. I havn't had any problems finding Federal or CCI ammo in .22LR or any other for that matter, and yes, I do shoot.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Rocky, you have all the luck.:haha:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I picked up some of the federal ammo at wally-world this last week as well. Did anyone else notice that these Federal "bricks" now have 375 rounds instead of 500 or 550? Still I was glad to get it. I also got some of the 9mm federal still $8.97 for 50.:smile:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any .22LR ammo suggestions/experience for the SW Airweight Model 317 or 617?

2nd Amendment Democrat
Vietnam Vet
Dist. Life Member NRA

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Our local WMs have had these on a regular basis. Only problem is that they break them down into individual boxes of 50 for sale even thought they come shipped in the brick. See......we're limited to six boxes of ammo total per sale here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts