Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...aaaand theeen its gone.

I get home today and check the mail, and what do I see, an envelope from the Florida Dept. of Agriculture! So I start to feel it up trying to feel my permit, and nothing. Then I notice under my address it says RE: Notice of omission or error. :frown:

Anyway, I guess the letter from the instructor I sent needed to be notarized because it was a letter and not a certificate. I wish they would have said that in the instructions, saved me the hassle.

Hopefully I'll still get it before December..

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Don't feel bad. I forgot to sign my federal tax return one year, back when mailing them was the only option.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I made a similar mistake applying for the FL permit (didn't write the name of the sheriff's office that printed me on the card). I think my error only added about 2 weeks to the wait.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was told I made a mistake that I didn't...of course they still made me redo the paperwork.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am right there with you. I get my hopes up so high everyday when I check the mail just to find bills and junk mail in my mailbox. No permit yet. I talked to the Dept of Safety and they told me on the 17th of this month they mailed it out to me, and today is the 28th. How long does it take to get a piece of mail! Anyway they say patients is a virtue. I have to remind myself of that at least 5 times a day. I just about can't control my excitement... :danceban:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I was going to suggest that you stop in at a regional office and get the permit in 2-3 weeks, but I see you live in Lost Wages...Oooops.
I don't think that the wait starts all over again...:22a:

·
Registered
86 Posts
My paperwork was good, but the FBI could'nt read my fingerprints well enough. That added a few weeks...

but... worth the wait.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't need it now, just hope it comes by December when I go there..

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
At least they're acting on your app. You're getting warmer...closer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received the same letter because my training document wasn't signed by the instructor he had only printed his name on it. Once I got it signed I faxed it back and within a week I had my license.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts