Defensive Carry banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
I got stop recently and got a warning. There was no conversation about guns in the car even though I had in in the glove compartment. LEOs around here are very professional. I am sure he knew I had a permit since they can see that on their computers. I did turn the light on insight the car the whole time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice job, most LEO in my area that I know personally encourage concealed carry. They feel as though they may have a friend aound in case of need when their fellow officers are unavailable. Sounds like a rare situation to say the least BUT it seems comforting to the guys I know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most cops that I have met are just like anyone else. Treat them with respect and they will usually treat you the same way. Not all of them are like this. Just like any other group of people cops have a few jerks in their ranks.
Absolutely. A LEO friend once told me the tenor of a traffic stop is usually determined within the first minute. Makes sense.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nice to see that you got one of good LEO's. Most Leo's Ive come across require a paper bag to breath into when they come across a CC'er. A little bit of professional courtesy goes a long way.

·
Registered
938 Posts
During my NC CHP application process at the sheriff's department, the person taking my application advised me that since she had entered my application into the system, that if I were stopped on the way home I should keep hands on the wheel and inform the LEO I have "applied", and if I were armed (OC) or not.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Where in Indiana do you live? And yeah, I've NEVER gotten a warning from a state cop.
I got pulled over by a state trooper one day around 15 years ago. He walks up to my truck says good afternoon and asks me if I knew how fast I was going? This was a 50MPH zone. Well sir I had my cruise control set at 47MPH and... I reckon he wasn't expecting me to know how fast I was going or he was expecting me to incriminate myself. He was wrong on both counts and both of us knew it. He wished me a pleasant afternoon and walked back to his cruiser and I went merrily on my way:blink:

I use my cruise control ALL THE TIME. I never speed. If you don't wanna get pulled over stop doing the stupid stuff like speeding:blink:

Reactions: jem102
41 - 49 of 49 Posts