Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are unaware, the state of NJ is one of approx. 3 states that didn't have extra money left over this fiscal year...and the state was unable to pass their budget by the 7/1 deadline, so as of this AM, all "non-essential" state offices are closed.

That means that not only can I not renew my EMT card (which is completely off topic), I can't get my pistol purchasing permit... again. I really really hate this state!!!!

:(

I can't wait to :wave: and move away... back to the USA....

--Jim

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
...ah yes, I'm glad to have left that God forsaken place.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yea and they expect state employees to work for free! I'm sure the guards at Rahway are lined up to volunteer as well as the NJSP!! Jersey better wake up and kick the democrats out ASAP!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
firefighter4884 said:
I can't wait to :wave: and move away... back to the USA....

--Jim
We'll leave a light on for ya :king:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Always looking for EMT's in our area.
Mike

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Jim - I do hope you can make it out one day - you deserve the real America.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Jersey better wake up and kick the democrats out ASAP!
Surprisingly it's not necessarily the dems this time. The whole state is messed up both sides. And the budget issue is actually their new Dem gov. trying to trim some of their defecit by cutting some programs and raising the sales tax by 1 whole percent and everyone is flipping out. Basically, everyone needs to go.

As I've stated before though, I still would like to trade NJ for a couple cases of Canadian beer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Republicans left the state years ago. Personally, I love it and am enjoying the implosion.:wave:

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
firefighter4884 said:
That means that not only can I not renew my EMT card (which is completely off topic)
How the HECK can they do that? I was an EMT for about 6 years in Maryland and know you can't "work" with out a current and valid card, and current training.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why can't you get a Pistol Purchase Permit. If you have your FID card already, your SBI number is listed on the front. That's all that is needed for the PPP in NJ. The state database is still operating so they can run you through the DV database and you should be good to go.

Can't say about the EMT card. I have not experience in that area.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Good luck. They'll need to get it done soon.

You should get a state referendum on the ballot that says once the deadline has passed, the legislature is not allowed to leave the building until the issue is settled. Make them stick it out 'til it's done.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick.

They extended everyone's expiration by a month. If my card were to expire on 6/30/06, I have until 8/1/06 to use that same card...

RSL...because all of the offices are closed, they won't run me through the database, and because I live out in the sticks, my local police is NJSP (so they aren'd doing anything except what is essential...), hence, no PPP :(

--Jim

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
VA is nice year round

And we usually have a budget surplus (although that is usually because they property tax the manure out of us). But we like EMT's and Firefighters here + no more pistol purchase permit nonsense. Come on down!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts