Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look how rough that surf is! Makes me want to sit at a bar and drink.

Resized_20200226_160102_8540.jpeg
Resized_20200226_160113_1089.jpeg

Oh . . . I already am sitting at a bar and drinking.:3a::whisky:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I lived in Tampa for a few years...winter was my favorite season = still 70-80 degrees every day but NO TOURISTS!

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Winter in FL is great until all the snowbirds get there and drive slow in the passing lane:ticking: It is fun to watch them piling up at restaurants for the early bird special:biggrin2:

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
I was running the snow blower clearing last night's snowfall out of my driveway this morning. Even though I was wearing a snowmobile suit and boots I froze my ass, my feet got cold, and I had to use the motor's exhaust to warm my hands several times. Of course the wind blew snow back into my face from time to time.

I hate winter and I envy you OldVet.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
After a lifetime of that in the Carolinas you can have it cause I know what happens in a month or two. Yes winters in the coastal town are wonderful, the fishing great and traffic low. The rest of the year you deal with lost and or drunk ppl that are rude and don’t care how they act and know more than anyone else.

Brother you can have it, I’m looking for peace and tranquility in later years.

Deep snow is a wonderful thing, you can build a big beautiful wall with snow and folks will stay the devil off your lawn in 3’ + of snow! :image035:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I used to think the idea of moving south sounded like a good idea. Then, I spent a month in Florida for work a couple years ago and was cured. Give me a snowstorm any day over that humidity and hurricane season. :31:

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to think the idea of moving south sounded like a good idea. Then, I spent a month in Florida for work a couple years ago and was cured. Give me a snowstorm any day over that humidity and hurricane season. :31:
The early bird specials are worth it!

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was running the snow blower clearing last night's snowfall out of my driveway this morning. Even though I was wearing a snowmobile suit and boots I froze my ass, my feet got cold, and I had to use the motor's exhaust to warm my hands several times. Of course the wind blew snow back into my face from time to time.

Ah ha! A fan!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
From my understanding after meeting the NC mountain folks, that is how the yanks got the nickname “Half-Backers” up in the blue ridge area. Northerners will move to FL and can’t stand the heat and humidity so they go just half way back to NC, hence half-backers!

Quite honestly even being from the coastal Carolinas I cannot take the heat/humidity nor all the “visitors”, have had enough!

In Myrtle Beach the whole month of May is taken over by bikers, it use to be fun over a decade ago but it morphed into quite honestly a “lets have sex in the streets and get drunk” for overweight ppl you really don’t want to see naked. I’m so thankful not to have to deal with that nor the absent minded vacationers.

I left over 4 years ago and haven’t looked back, don’t miss it at all! When Mom passes that beach home is up for sale.

Good decision on your part DJC7! :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
I love @OldVet’s surfside view.
I love the smell of salt air.
People always wonder what I am doing in North Texas.
It’s the good paying jobs, good schools and affordable homes.
But now that I am a empty nester, semi retired, I do consider moving near some salt water.
Maybe the Texas coast.
Only problem is my young wife still has about 10 years left before retirement.
Maybe she can come visit me on the weekend and holidays

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I love @OldVet’s surfside view.
I love the smell of salt air.
People always wonder what I am doing in North Texas.
It’s the good paying jobs, good schools and affordable homes.
But now that I am a empty nester, semi retired, I do consider moving near some salt water.
Maybe the Texas coast.
Only problem is my young wife still has about 10 years left before retirement.
Maybe she can come visit me on the weekend and holidays

You could move to Utah and have a winter wife and a summer wife! :danceban:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I'm fine with winter except the part about going and coming from work in the dark. :ticking:
You need one of those light up hats that gynecologist and miners wear :yup:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

This snow storm missed me, but that's ok. You're welcome to it!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts