Defensive Carry banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Got a pic this morning from my daughter. She opened the door and it was piled up almost to the door knob. Nice Fort Drum weather. They're planning on escaping the communist nation next summer. With him back from deployment early, they might push it to this summer.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can keep the Florida weather. The humidity and skeeters are enough to keep me away, not to mention hurricane season.

The cold north? No thank you. I went to Maine one year in March. Spent a week up there. 15 feet of snow on the sides of the runway. Long John's, sweats, 2 pair of socks, and a sweater under my coveralls, and then 2 jackets on top, and I couldn't get warm enough. I'm not made for that weather, either. Not enough insulation.

I'll just stay here in the middle of the country, with mild winters, and semi mild summers.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
If I didn't have dependent kids and could speak the language, I'd be living in Costa Rica right now despite the bugs in tropical environments.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
If I didn't have dependent kids and could speak the language, I'd be living in Costa Rica right now despite the bugs in tropical environments.
You can have the pretty much the same environment including the language in Florida, South of the I-4 corridor!

Reactions: PAcanis

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
:image035:

:biggrin2:

:urla9ub:

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
The coldest I have ever been was -60 when we landed at Ft Wainwright AK, that was not too bad but when I deplaned for scanner duties I noticed a tire on the left fwd gear hanging at an unusual angle. We called Travis and they sent the parts, tools and a crewchief. Normally it takes 30 minutes to change the brake and wheel on a C-5 but at that temp it took over three hours of freezing our butts off to do it.
Coldest I have experienced was on Mt. Katahdin in Maine. -42F
I can't believe I was that young and dumb.
Views were awesome.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts