Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea for an EDC setup. Note that I can't do any of this any time soon, for reasons I'd rather not explain right now. This is just preparing for the future. I'm only comfortable with revolvers for concealed carry, so I want to carry 2 for a "New York reload". One to pocket carry, like a S&W 442 or a Ruger LCR, and another for ankle carry, one with a full size extractor rod. I choose pocket carry as my primary because I'm not really a belt wearer, plus when I'm home I almost always wear either shorts or sweats above shorts. With my secondary on my ankle, I don't have to worry about drawing while seated, and carrying a revolver with a full extractor rod means much easier reloading if necessary. I'm quite a small person, 5 feet half an inch to be exact, with child hands, so small grips aren't a problem for me. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wherever you decide to place your weapon(s) practice drawing them - under stress if possible. Personally I carry one gun in the same place all the time and practice deploying it. My thinking is that if I ever have to need it I want the draw to be instinctive. I will already be behind with respect to time and don't want to lose anymore by grabbing the wrong spot or hesitating to remember where I put the gun today. Those with superior skills may not have my concerns.

Reactions: Macantic

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'm only comfortable with revolvers for concealed carry, so I want to carry 2 ... One to pocket carry, like a S&W 442 or a Ruger LCR, and another for ankle carry ...
That's basically a tried-and-true method for carrying two revolvers. Same ammo; one in an easily accessible spot, with the other fairly close by; same manual of arms, so nothing new to learn. It's a good method, for those who prefer revolvers.

Where is "Norwalk," by the way?

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Ryobi's in a DeWalt holster?

Sacre Bleu!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts