Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Army gave me a 1911 to use way back in '71 and although I have had many other handguns since 1971, for the most part I always carry a 1911. I have had sporadic periods of time when I put my 1911's in the safe and carry something else but I always return to my 1911. This time, I am not so sure. I have been carrying a .45 caliber SIG 220 for the last month and I am very comfortable with it in all ways. It carries well - normally in a Miami Classic but also in a Galco Pancake holster. It is "chunkier" then my 1911's but I shoot it well and I am very comfortable with the DA/SA trigger. I usually revert back to my 1911's when I have carried something else - as often as not a Beretta 92, but this time, the feeling is different. I may be carrying this SIG more and more. Is that sacreligious?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I love P series Sigs. I carry a 229 and some times a 226. The 220 has caught my eye more than once. If "I" was going to carry a full size .45 "I" would choose a 220 just because I like them.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Waite till you see the 10mm model or the legion 220 ...
And I carry a 220 a lot either 45 or a 38 super

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
When I read the OP I thought at first that I must have posted it since my sentiments are the same.
I traded away my series 70 Colt Mk 4 1911 30 years ago for a P220 and have been faithful to the Sig ever since, although there were times that I missed the 1911 like an old friend.
I finally got around to acquiring another 1911 earlier this year and now have both to choose from.
Some days are 1911 days and some are 220 days. And either is a good day.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'd think John Moses would be proud to see all of the quality handguns adopting his .45 ACP cartridge. The SIG P220 is a classic, and one that every .45 fan owes it to himself to at least test drive.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Well actually......this might be the reason why he never finished the complete design for the 9mm Hi Power...........

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
The 1911 will never go away. It's like an old friend that watches your back. Sometimes we 2 time it and use another pistol, but sooner or later you always go back. I have always thought God wore a Marine uniform, drove a truck and carries a 1911.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Goldy49 got a Sig
He had carried a 1911
Either way the caliber was big
45 being sent from heaven
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If Earthly demons come calling
Pray the heavenly caliber have them falling

:danceban:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
To each, his own.

I have never been able to like the Sig's...with the exception of the 238/938...ergo's are just not there.

But, I am glad that you like yours...as I tried to like mine, but there is not one in my safe as I type this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you can put up with the bulk of a Beretta 92, then I guess you can carry about anything. Personally, I find the Lightweight Commander to be the perfect blend of power, bulk, and firepower.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Leaving your 1911 forever is sort of like spitting on the grave of John Moses Browning, turning your back, and walking away to never look back again. I have carried Sigs and Glocks as primary carry for a lot of years, shoot both platforms reasonable well, accept them as good weapons, but I don't think I will ever get the level of satisfaction from shooting them I receive from shooting a slicked up 1911. Every so often one of my 1911s will make its way into my range bag and/or onto my hip for weekend non-working carry. I am getting ever closer to the day when I put away the Glocks and Sigs, take a deep breath, and go my happy way with carrying either an Officer or Commander 1911 as EDC. This week has been particularly trying to my patience and it might be time to go ahead with getting the paper work filed for retirement the second time around. Gulf Shores this January? Sounds pretty good.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
OK .... hand over the 1911's, you're done now. it's like cheating on your wife.

Reactions: Goldy49
1 - 20 of 35 Posts