Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my middle son and Granddaughter shooting. My son was looking for something interesting to shoot. I gave him a couple of Dot Torture targets. I promptly got my rear handed to me! He was using his CC gun and I was shooting a service sized gun. He easily doubled my score!
It was one of those days when you just smile and move on!

It did point out that I need to practice more at quickly acquiring the sights! DR

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
dangerranger, I absolutely hate shooting the dot torture drill, but I know it's good for me....

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
dangerranger, I absolutely hate shooting the dot torture drill, but I know it's good for me....
Me, too. Whoever invented the Dot Torture Drill obviously hates puppies, kittens, and little babies. I mean who would treat anyone to that monstrosity? [heh ,heh]

Had to come out with something that was akin to my feelings about that drill. I do my own drills and try my best to improve with them. But I have to admit, the Dot Torture drill is taxing, if nothing else.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can still hold my own on Squirrel sized varmints, and Beat the snot out of him with a 22 shot off hand! And I have a secret weapon! I'm teaching his daughter so she can one day hand him his Butt!
I am very proud of him! I have 6 boys, all of them shoot well! Two of them are very talented! DR

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My son and his wife came down from Dallas a few years ago to visit, and one day we went to the outdoor range near my house. He doesn't carry, but he does have an M&P 9mm that he takes to the Frisco Gun Club and shoots a few times a month.

I took my Shield 45 along with my 2.25" sp101 357 magnum that I was carrying that day.

We ran a few different drills and he pretty much smoked me with the striker fired gun. 😮
I silently blamed it on my presbyopia. Lol.

🤔I decided it was time to pull out the 357 magnum, knowing he doesn't ever shoot revolvers, it was my time for redemption. And just to make sure, I loaded it up with some of my "potent" reloads.😙

Needless to say, he was humbled by the revolver, so I didn't have to leave the range with my tail between my legs, like I did the last time we played a game of one on one basketball. Haha.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
My aim is to be that old dude down at the end of the range, quietly chewing the ten ring outta my targets with an old Model 10.

My kids have all learned safe weapons handling and go shooting with me, but none are as interested in guns as I am/was at their age. C’est la vie...

Reactions: OD*
1 - 8 of 8 Posts