Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:danceban::danceban::danceban::danceban::danceban::danceban:

I found this new to me Colt M1991A1 Compact Model at the local toy store the other day.

My willpower was inadequate:nono:....lol. I had to have it.

If anybody wants to throw out any random info on this , please do.

(I'm pretty much a 1911 moron)

'specialy 'bout ambi-safeties (I'm a lefty) and installation or anything else for that matter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 1991 is a nice solid pistol, great to add on a bunch of gismos, or to leave stock.

Check out 1911forums for more 1911 info than one can digest. :smile:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats my friend! I too had a weak moment a couple of months ago and added one to my arsenal. They are great weapons....heck it's fun to just sit and hold it and go pow-pow! Enjoy....

·
Super Moderator
18,002 Posts
Great find and +1 on the 1911 Forum there you will find anything and everything you would want to know about 1911s. Remember 1911s are like Lay's potato chips, you cannot have just one.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats...:congrats:... very nice .45....:yup: :hand10:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
It's hard to have just one. I have been fighting the urge for a while.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Major League welcome to the Club (Cult). I've been shooting the 1911 since '65 Nam.

I have a totally customized Gold Cup which I shot like mad when I was competing in the early days of IPSC.

In my opinion, (with all due respect) any other handgun is about as good as a ball-peen hammer.

I just hope you have lots of disposable cash to purchase (waste) all the goodies out there for your new "kid". And that doesn't include finding a first rate 'smith to soup it up. Like trigger job, feed ramp polished, ejection port opened, mag well opened and polished, beaver tail grip safety and on and on. Oh yeah and the "mandatory set of Trijicon sights.

You getting into a great "club" with lots of people to help you decide how to spend your money.

All kidding aside, 1911's are the only to go!!!

Have lots of fun

Bruce

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
You have taken the first step into a much larger world, grasshopper. Now take that weapon to a Master Gunsmith and bade him modify it into a fighting gun that is a joy to behold and to shoot.....

Go forth, grasshopper. When you can snatch the 230 grain JHP from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.....

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I too bit the bullet with an Officer size 1911. :embarassed::bier:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ahhhhhhh yes. Welcome to the darkside, Skywalker. The temptation is great and the power strong.

Nice looking OACP there.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yours looks pretty much unadulterated. How many rounds through it ? I would get you another set of springs from Gunsprings.com if it has a higher round count, which it doesn't look like it does. Your gun rails will really like BreakFree CLP or a light gun oil. With that matte finish a light coat of Vaseline heated with a hair dryer then lightly wiped off will protect the finish. Or Eezox, whichever you choose.

Don't run +P rounds in it. The barrel is too short to take full advantage. Best bet is heavy loads, maybe 230gr. Federal HST standard pressure.

I have a Officers Model and just love it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...will this accept full size magazines as too?

again, I'm a 1911 noob........be gentle.

·
Super Moderator
18,002 Posts
...will this accept full size magazines as too?

again, I'm a 1911 noob........be gentle.
Yes, with an officers model you can use any of the 6,7,8 or 10 round mags. Now a mag made for an officers model will not fit a full size due to it being about ½ inch shorter.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.....what are some good mags for carry? Also which would you use for practice mags?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:congrats: on joining :congrats:
I remember when i joined the "cult" too about a year ago (took a couple years of nagging 1911 lovers for me to finally get one) & now iam forever hooked on those damn things :image035:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts