Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
143,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARGGGG!!! I CAN'T GET THIS DAMN WEDDING RING OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Alfredo Malespini III, 31, told officers he was "trying to get rid of his wedding ring" and decided to "shoot it off." Malespini was taken to a hospital where he was treated for the gunshot wound and also for mental or emotional issues.

PITTSBURGH — A federal prison guard has been charged with shooting his own finger in a drunken attempt to remove his wedding ring during an argument with his wife at their northwestern Pennsylvania home, police said.
A criminal complaint said Bradford police were called just before 9 p.m. March 2 and were met by Alfredo Malespini III, 31, who told officers he was "trying to get rid of his wedding ring" and decided to "shoot it off." The Bradford Era first reported the shooting on Friday.
The gunshot badly mangled Malespini's finger, but didn't remove the ring, police said.

Read more: Prison guard shoots at finger in effort to remove wedding ring during fight with wife  - NY Daily News

·
Super Moderator
18,489 Posts
Hmmmm...a novel way to put firearms to use. A novel way to not make proper use of the brain that God gave him.

One assumes that he was in receipt of a basic brain.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Wow. He coulda used some soap or oil or a SawZall... He sounds like a nutjob to me.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
Too bad he didnt think of KY jelly or something before screwing himself. What can you say?

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
We had some nimrod just a few miles down the road on the other end of the county shot and killed his wife while using a .45 cal pistol to shoot a hole in the wall so he could run his satellite cable into the house. His reason was because he didn't have a drill or large enough drill bit to drill the hole.

He got rid of his wife... err, I mean he lost his wife, and did not get charged, or forced to have a psych eval or anything because it was such a "tragic accident."

I was sreaming BS at the time. A 23 yr old mother of two is dead and in the ground because her husband was a moron. Whether it was a "tragic accident" or not, there should have been some accountabilty for the loss of life. He should have been charged with negligent homicide and had some sort of permanent record following him the rest of his life. I didn't care so much whether they gave him any prison time or not. I would have been fine with 10 years probation if they wanted. But there should be some form of consequences for stupidity. Especially when it involves loss of life.

Just more examples of candidates for the Darwin award.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Yep happens more often than you think.

I watched a video of a man who was involved in an argument with another man online on his webcam. In order to prove his point of how tough he was he retrieved a .380 auto, pulled out his scrotum, put the muzzle of the gun on it and pulled the trigger.

He then began screaming about the pain and wondered why there was a hole in the desk.

Sometimes you can't fix stupid even with duct tape.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The article says:

The gunshot badly mangled Malespini's finger, but didn't remove the ring, police said.

Bottom line, he was drunk and stupid and now he has to face the music, plus - he's still married. Well, at least they probably had to removed the ring to work on the finger, so in the end he got his wish.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Well, I guess we can all be glad that he showed his mental capacity with a gun on himself instead of some innocent soul. At least now the media can't paint the "gun owner went on a rampage" picture with any serious footing to back it up. Just some idiot drunk, with no more brain than God gave a billy goat. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Unfortunately, this mentally unstable person is the type of person who should not be carrying a firearm. He probably will and probably should lose his job. Hurting yourself is a misdemeanor or felony in most states. His medical (mental evaluation) record as a government employee should be made available. Some firearms laws already on the books do serve a purpose. Mentally unstable persons should not carry guns, knives or even hammers. He is a danger to the public and obviously to himself.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
We had some nimrod just a few miles down the road on the other end of the county shot and killed his wife while using a .45 cal pistol to shoot a hole in the wall so he could run his satellite cable into the house. His reason was because he didn't have a drill or large enough drill bit to drill the hole.

He got rid of his wife... err, I mean he lost his wife, and did not get charged, or forced to have a psych eval or anything because it was such a "tragic accident."

I was sreaming BS at the time. A 23 yr old mother of two is dead and in the ground because her husband was a moron. Whether it was a "tragic accident" or not, there should have been some accountabilty for the loss of life. He should have been charged with negligent homicide and had some sort of permanent record following him the rest of his life. I didn't care so much whether they gave him any prison time or not. I would have been fine with 10 years probation if they wanted. But there should be some form of consequences for stupidity. Especially when it involves loss of life.

Just more examples of candidates for the Darwin award.
That reminds me I need to run some cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts