Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the plunge and got my first defensive knife, a Kershaw Shallot 1840. I liked the size and the ease of opening the blade. Every other knife I have had has been a pocket knife, Old Timer or a Swiss Army so this is a radical step for me. Of course I will continue to carry my Swiss Army as I will need it for non-defensive purposes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very good I carry a Kabar TDI and a Blackhawk Crucible FX2 for defensive purposes. :comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 2edgesword for the picture. I posted that from my BlackBerry in the parking lot of my local gun store where I bought it from, and I didn't know how to take a snapshot of it from by BB and upload it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I took the plunge and got my first defensive knife, a Kershaw Shallot 1840. I liked the size and the ease of opening the blade. Every other knife I have had has been a pocket knife, Old Timer or a Swiss Army so this is a radical step for me. Of course I will continue to carry my Swiss Army as I will need it for non-defensive purposes.
Good choice! I prefer Kershaw knives. I carry a blackout; have been for nearly ten years.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Congrats :congrats: Very Nice :image035:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice...& made in America!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice folder you have there. Kershaw makes an awesome piece..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
you might want to stick some skateboard tape on the handles...plain metal handles are slippery.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The best way to mount skateboard tape in my experience is to stick an overly large piece into the object and to use a round file to remove the excess material. Makes sure that there aren't any raised edges to hook and peel the tape off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts