Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got hired at Top Glock in the sales/armorer division!

They want me to move to AZ this time next month to start!!!

This is my dream job!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats!!! Good luck with the move - talk about a change in climates!

Any discounts for CC members?:wink:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
duckhunter said:
Congrats!!! Good luck with the move - talk about a change in climates!

Any discounts for CC members?:wink:
+1 on that,:haha:

A new job is always exciting, Sounds like you will have a lot of fun.

After you have been their for a while, give us an update post.

:wave:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Wow! That is great - altho be sorry to lose you from PA. Sounds like a superb opportunity - now all you have to do is buy the right size heat protection clothing :18:

Best of luck and yeah - keep us up to speed as it goes along.

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Hey....Forum Tupperware Parties...Yea! :rofl:

Seriously, Congratulations! Sounds like a nice job.

Ditto Chris:
Sorry that we're going to lose you out of PA but, "a man gotta do what a man gotta do" Good Luck to you...just make sure you stick with CombatCarry.com forum no matter where you roam. :yup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Top Glock already has the best priced for Glocks, or so I hear.

I'm looking at these awesome paartments there (pool, spa, fitness center, balcony) for a great price.
I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm not too fond of leaving PA either, but I need to get out of this 1 road town and move on to bigger things :D

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Justin said:
Top Glock already has the best priced for Glocks, or so I hear.
You're already getting into the sales groove :hand10: :tongue:

Congratulations on the new job!

April in Phoenix...temps should only be in the low 100's :dead:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Whoa! He gets paid to play with Legos!
Kidding aside, Godspeed buddy!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Outstanding! Sounds like you are very excited about the new job and the move, as well you should be! Life moves on! God Bless and best wishes!:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Different climate, for sure. Congrats

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
Congrats on the job!! Very nice! Good weather move to..reminds me of a letter I got from a friend in Phoenix:

Moving to Phoenix:

May 30th
Just moved to Phoenix. Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 30th
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th
Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th
I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, Tabby had swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids she ran away. The car now smells like Kibbles and @#[email protected] No more pets in this heat!

July 25th
Dry #@*&$!% heat, my ass. Hot is hot!! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th
Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,500/month in house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug 4th
115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. Stupid repairman p----- in my pool. I hate this #@*&$!% state.

Aug 8th
If another wise ass cracks, "Hot enough for you today?", I'm going to tear his #@*&$!% throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like Roasted #@*&$!% Garfield!!

Aug 10th
The weather report might as well be a recording: Hot and sunny. The weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren desert?? Water rationing has been in effect all summer, so $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the #@*&$!% pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat.

Aug 14th
Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the #@*&$!% windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,500 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug 30th
Worst day of the #@*&$!% summer. I'm not leaving the house. The #@*$!% rain finally came and all it did is to make it muggier than hell. The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in Mexico with its new $500 windshield.

That does it, we're moving back to Pennsylvania.

Congratulations again! Glad ya got your dream job!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im jealous. Have fun...Congrats!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Congrats Justin, have fun in the sun!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts