Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last week or so I have had to relog in about 25 times each visit.
Just about every other page I load.

Anybody else?

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
I just got my pc outta the shop last week and everytime I bounce into a new site I gotta log back in. I don't know what the deal is. Get with QK...he's an Admin. He ought to be able to help you out.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The cookie suggestion is a good one; any chance your machine auto-updated to IE 10? I've had to set a lot of machines to compatibility mode to get IE 10 to run web sites.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
It does sound like your browser's "cookie" settings are getting blasted each and every time you close your browser. Check through your settings in your browser. If you want to ensure that all cookies get blasted except certain ones you specify (ie, your bank, DefensiveCarry, etc), then you need to specify an exception for each of those sites. I do this with my own browser, and it works very well. Such a "white list" of sites get a bye on cookie creation, and all others get refused and disallowed the creation of cookies. Keeps things clean, but still allows my chosen sites to use cookies. Done this way, DC doesn't forcibly eject me and doesn't keep asking me to login.

Suggestion:

• Logout from DC.
  • Close, then reopen your browser.
  • Get into the "cookies" section, and delete your DefensiveCarry.com cookies.
  • Flag your "cookies" handling to (a) disallow all cookies, and (b) have an entry for each site you want as an exception (to allow cookies just for that site).
  • Login to DC, again, going through the posting process. You shouldn't get kicked off the site, now.
  • If you avoid logging out of DC, then it should retain your connection via the cookie. Next time you shut down your browser but then reconnect, you should still be logged-in to DC.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
been doing it to me, after I post something.... it does a few blinks.. then I'm logged out. So, I'll log in again.......... right after this post.

·
Administrator
144,858 Posts
The last week or so I have had to relog in about 25 times each visit.
Just about every other page I load.

Anybody else?
If you were connected using Verizon then there is your answer. Things have been goofy with Verizon for a little while now.
They have probably been too busy handing over the phone records for all Verizon customers to be paying any attention to their Internet connectivity issues.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you were connected using Verizon then there is your answer. Things have been goofy with Verizon for a little while now.
They have probably been too busy handing over the phone records for all Verizon customers to be paying any attention to their Internet connectivity issues.
Yep with Verizon

·
Administrator
144,858 Posts
Yesterday evening I was smack in the middle of completing a payment for a push knife and Verizon froze me right on the Confirm Payment then booted me off.

It was right during a peak connection time - I think a couple of minutes to 8:00PM - at least I didn't end up paying twice so it could have been worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts